Jump to content

Church of Saint Stephen of the Bulgars

Sign in to follow this  

This church is made entirely of iron -- even the columns and galleries. The parts were manufactured in Vienna in 1871, then shipped and assembled on site, to serve the Bulgarian community who had broken away from the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate nearby. The church, which still holds services for Bulgarian community, is situated in a pleasant, shady park along the shores of the Golden Horn of Istanbul.

Sign in to follow this  
×