London Proxy Problems

Rate this topic

suecrann

Morning all, is anyone else having problems connecting to the internet today via the London Proxy? I cannot connect at all so I've turned it off for now. I've been experiencing problems for the last week or so when trying to connect to Facebook via the proxy, as have I believe, a few other users, but this morning I cannot connect to anything!

Any ideas? :)

I've had the proxy turned off for a couple of days so tried it just now with the same result...nothing. Hope Bushman and Ken's apartment move has happened and that by now he's looking into it.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

We were hacked. And I mean REALLY hacked!

Basically, everything on the server was deleted, and it took Bushman a couple of days to get things back together. It's working now, I'm using it now.

Thanks to Bushman for sorting that mess out. We've installed additional security precautions to make SURE this doesn't happen again.

Yes, many thanks Bushman for all your efforts. Everything working perfectly now.

We are really pleased to have this Proxy and use it regularly. The days of endless BBC repeats on Diguturk are almost forgotten! Now we can chhose what to watch, when want to watch it.

Well done Bushman, thanks for sorting it out. By the way, does anyone else have a problem with Google Earth if you're not using the proxy? I find it will not load unless my connection is going through the proxy, have they decided to ban Google Earth now?

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

Yes, apparently the Turkish government has some issues with Google Earth as well, and it's a real pain in the neck, since we use Google maps for all of the maps on this website. They're the best out there.

So if you're not using a proxy, Google Maps will fail to display.

ExpatPass just got two more requests for the proxy today, apparently the word is getting out.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm replying to this just to close out the topic, even though this final reply is very late. The proxy's been back up for some time, and appears to be working well. Thanks to Bushman for getting it all working again in such a short time, considering the task he was facing!