Sign in to follow this  
Sirin

Where Should I Buy Property in Antalya?

Rate this topic

I thank you so much for all your help . At some point my hands are tied , I am searching and searching for a Hotel or a Pension but I am getting very high prices as I know that the Booking companies online takes a big chunk of a commission , Thats why prices are so high ,I have friends here they are Turks and told me once you know the Hotel we can call and reserve it for you , But can't find any since i am not familiar with Antalya , Last time the travel agent booked us in a Hotel that was way too far from town at the Red Sea , Also when we come back for good we would like to stay in a Pension or a place where we do not have to sign a year lease because will be looking for a place to buy , that we are not sure of yet.

Ken I would say that you are such a great person , You are doing so much for us here at the Forums , You are a trustful person who is just trying to help . Thanks for so many things that you've already helped me with and thanks for advising how to use the forums.

I will be sure to meet once i get there , I have some Friends father who is retired from the University as a professor not sure what who will try helping us and showing us around so will get a better idea where to buy a House so when we come back sell our house here transfer our money to Turkey and it takes sometime to register the house and move in at least 3 months , thats was my understanding and avoiding many expenses that are unnecessary .

But my main thing is my medical , If i would not be able to get medical i will never ever move from the U S A as I had to pay Thousands of Dollars in Lebanon , The insurance was very expensive over $3700.00 a year and did not cover anything we just got screwed and lost our money Then in Egypt i had to pay as well for all my medical and the Health and Doctors are horrible there can't ever explain it to anyone.

I just sent you a PM with information on a pension which goes for 70 TL per night. I stayed there before and liked it. This is a direct booking with no commissions involved. They said they had vacancy in September. So just e-mail them (e-mail address provided in my PM) and they will book you. This pension is in Kale İçi, the center of Antalya.

I know what it is like to go to a new place that I know nothing about. I have done it many, many times. I know that the more information I have, before I move to a new country, the more comfortable I feel. Even the smallest of details is welcome. So now I am trying to do this for other people. What I really love to see is that there are so many other people here who feel the same way. They go out of their way to help others coming to Turkey. It goes to show us how good to each other we can be as people. And actually I learned a lot of this from the Turks, their attitude towards hospitality and helping each other. This is the main reason I live in Turkey.

I am rather sure that you can get SGK coverage with no problem. I was going to visit a friend of mine and ask him to call the SGK and ask to be absolutely sure. But he is off in Konya selling carpets at the moment! As soon as he comes back I will have him make a call for you.

Anyone who is looking for accommodation in Antalya has to read about our good experience here.

A small story about our visit to Eski Masal Hotel (ex. Puding Suite)

This July I had a good experience in Antalya with my love and one more couple. We stayed in Eski Masal Hotel which is situated right in the center of Antalya. YES, it was the first time we have chosen a hotel not on the coast. I was worried just a little because I was not sure whether other guys will like my choice as I was responsible for finding accommodation at this time. Thank God everybody was satisfied.

We stayed in Antalya for a week or something and actually we had no feeling that we are living in a big city. Eski Masal is situated right in the middle of a very peaceful area 10 minutes walking from the coast. I;m travelling a lot but I've never seen such nice rooms before. I mean that you get more than maximum comfort and pleasure for the money you pay for your stay! Of course you can go to Vegas or Dubai and pay 1000$ per night in some  expensive thing and make sure that there is nothing better in the world...but we are talking about different things. Here we had a perfect bedroom an a really huge jacuzzi with any sorts of massage. I like those things for two reasons - I like to sleep and i like massage:)

post-13633-0-55265000-1439485275_thumb.p

post-13633-0-07256100-1439485280_thumb.j

post-13633-0-97033800-1439485281_thumb.j

post-13633-0-64745500-1439485284_thumb.j

post-13633-0-38080700-1439485287_thumb.j

What was the view like from your bedroom window, Alan?

The reason I am asking is that exactly the same review has been placed in different places under different names. It is even on an erasmus website, and I am sure no erasmus student can afford to stay in this very beautiful but expensive place.

I am also curious because, having eaten in their restaurant several times, your description of the hotel's position does not seem to be correct.