Importing A Motorcycle To Turkey

Rate this topic

A friend who is thinking of moving to Turkey wad wondering about what would be involved in importing his motorcycle.

He is thinking of riding the motorcycle here rather than shipping it.

What costs would he incur and what documents would be required.

I think that after you've read the thread that Abi gave you, you will see that it's not a good idea to import a bike here if you're not with the military.

• 3 years later...

Hello I have just joined the four emFirstly I have just got my residency permit for three years to live in turkey next year I will marry a turkish lady next yearI currently work in Iraq six weeks on and six off while off I would like to do track days on my race bike at Istanbul park this bike is not road registered and would not be able to be used on the roadsSecondly my road bike is registered and road leagal and I would like to use this vehicle to get around, after looking at the cost of bikes which are more than 2.5 times more expensive I don't want to buy another one nor would I be interested in selling either of them as I have owned them for many years Please is there anyone that could tell me the do's and dont'sThanks terry

Quite simply don't do it. Pay the extra money for a local bike and you will get much of it back when you sell it, assuming that you don't prang it.

have you tried renting one to see if you are happy riding on Turkish roads? Lots of gravel, untrained animals and stones that move when you lined up for a corner (tortoises) I did it many years ago on a Kwak 1100. I was braver then... that was before the operation