Sign in to follow this  
thealankennedy

Work Permit Exemption Certificate

Rate this topic

The Ministry of Labour and Social Secuity website www.yabancicalismaizni.gov.tr/eng lists a number of occupations exxempt from the need for a foreigner to obtain a work permit, one of these being a travel rep employed for less than eight months in any twelve month period. It goes on to say that Work Permit Exemption Certificates will be issued on request. Unfortunately, it doesn't say how to request one. Nor does it say anything about having one's Residence Permit endorsed.Does anyone know the answers please?

Hi Alan, I looked through and as you say it just says that you can request one but didn't say from whom. If you look down the list on the left hand side of the home page of the web site you quoted above you will see very close to the bottom a "Contact" button, if you click on that you will see different departments that you can email and there is one for tourism. I think you maybe will have to email them as it could be easier then phoning them.

As residence permits and work permits are obtained through the Yabanci buro of the Eminiyet Mudur, I would imagine that they would be the people to talk to. :)

As I understand it, that's changed. Work permits are now obtained through the ministry of labor in Ankara, they split the work permit from the residence permit a couple of years ago.