Sign in to follow this  
rebekka

Domestic Flights

Rate this topic

:) this is my second time posting i've been more of an observer than a participant i'm affraid, please bear with me, why are the flights between izmir and ankara so expensive i just priced them on expedia and other sites and the cheapest was $600 for a 1 hour flight HELP

Look at flypgs.com you will find the flights much cheaper. :)Pegasus have flights now from 40.99tl and if you book now June prices are from 33.99tl

That does seem rather expensive, When were you thinking of making that flight, if you fly Turkish Airlines you are best booking a couple of months in advance when it you can get a flight fairly cheaply, if you book it a week before you fly it will be expensive, but as Sunny says there are cheaper carriers.

If you book direct with the airline rather than places like Expedia an internal flights shouldn't cost as much as you were quoted I wouldn't have thought even if you are in the states unless the flights are almost fully booked already, but Sunny has put you on the right path thankfully, so extra spending money for you :) :) :angry:

This must be a joke or maybe OP does not know any Turkey based airlinesTry Anadolu Jet, THY, pegasus, onur airlines, atlasjet, sun ekspressI have never paid more than $50 for a domestic flight in Turkey

On 24th April we travelled Istanbul to İzmir with Pegasus Airlines at a cost of 70 TL per person and this was booked the day before. Considerably less if you book well in advance.