Turkish Nationals Marrying Abroad?

Rate this topic

ces88

My boyfriend is Turkish and I am English however we live in Northern Cyprus. I know we can travel and get married in the U.

K, visas permitting etc but i was just wondering if anyone knows whether we can marry here in Northern Cyprus or only marry in Turkey?thanks in advanceces88

@ces88>You can marry where ever your heart desires :) And yes, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is a de facto independant of replublic [of Turkey] and your marriage certificate would certainly be honored in Turkey! Just ensure regardless of where you intend to live as husband and wife that visa's are applied for depending on nationality, etc. Lastly, I'm not sure if you have arranged the events of your marriage already but I encourage you to contact Chris Hall the Operations Manager of Pilot Events, Cyprus. They offer marquee services throughout cyprus as some of my colleagues have gotten married with use of this business. You can click HERE to access the website or email him at [email protected] wedding day and best of luck!

My boyfriend is Turkish and I am English however we live in Northern Cyprus. I know we can travel and get married in the U.

K, visas permitting etc but i was just wondering if anyone knows whether we can marry here in Northern Cyprus or only marry in Turkey?thanks in advanceces88

Hi;Theoretically you can. But I do not advice to do. When you need to register your mariage in other country you may have problem.

That's a thought Sabahattin bey. If you marry in N.

Cyprus, because it's not recognised by other countries maybe you would have problems with your marriage being recognised.

You could come to Turkey to do it and get your Certificate of no Impediment from one of the British consuls. I believe Antalya has one for example.

Yes, Sabahattin and sunny is right concerning having a [slight] difficulty, i.e., a need to aquire a certificate of impediment from the British government. Hopefully, Sabahattin informs us of why it is not wise aside from the above neccesity to get married in Nortern Cyprus as many have done so in the pass...

I for one would really like to know afterall information is a key to life's progression :)

Go to the British High Commission in Lefkosa, Northern Cyprus and ask for Mr Tuncel Berk he is the head of all these issues and recently provided me with my paper of no impediment to marry my Turkish husband, he is very helpful and friendly, call and ask to speak to him first so you get an appointment & go straight through without any queues and speak to him in a private office directly, you can tell him I said hi he will probably remember me, he has all the info and is a great guy!

Good luckNatashaBy the way we married in Turkey so if you want any further info on that let me know, mainly for the reason that we were just living in Northern Cyprus but my husband is Turkish and all his family are Turkish and in Turkey and they would be the main people attending the wedding!

As previously stated, my paper of no impediment was sent to Antalya as we were marrying in Turkey and it was the nearest British consulate, so we had an early honeymoon and went there for a few days to pick it up and get it signed and stamped, but all the preparation beforehand was done in North Cyprus with Tuncel Berk, it was a bit expensive and time consuming but we got there in the end! Then when we came to Turkey we also had to do medical tests before we could get married (simple blood tests) and sign other papers etc at the Belediye where we wanted to get married! Once all the paperwork was ready we had to get married in 10 days so be careful not to make the mistake like us of getting everything ready early then having to get married before the wedding party date! Good luck and let me know if you want any more details!

Natasha