Singalong-a-rummikub

Rate this topic

ciftlikkoy13

So there we were, me, Ms dande, sunny and mimosa during one of our exciting afternoons playing a choice of Rummikub, Tri-ominoes or UNO and singing the occasional ditty or two and seeing if between the four of us we could remember all the words.

We managed at least 40% of the lyrics from shows and musicals from times gone by and, with the British Airways proposed strike on my mind (we are due to fly to the UK with BA on 6th March), the following song title came to mind (with sincere apologies to My Fair Lady).

We lead exciting lives here Cukur, :)I think us remembering 40% of the words was a bit of an exaggeration though. :) I hope the BA staff don't strike so you can have your hols in the UK and US.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

I hope the BA staff don't strike so you can have your hols in the UK and US.

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Yes, our plans are a bit 'up in the air' at the moment! 'Scuse the intended pun!

As the Union (or disunion) has to give seven days notice of industrial action, if we reach Sunday without any news of a strike, we shall be fine.

sad is playing Tri-ominoes with the lovely sunny and friend for the first time in your life (last yr) and getting a buzz from feeling your brain work for the 1st time since living in turkey....i miss board games and stuff badly....what will become of my brain?!not sure i can find an emocon for concentration?..anyone?

:hypo[1]::):g[1]::):excl[1]::):eek[1]::duh[1]: :blink[1]: Take your pick Lucid.

Are you coming up this summer to have another match?

I'll teach you to play Rummikub. For that we use an Okey set which you can buy here. :)It's a bit more exciting than Okey and makes you think (a bit). :) It's a good game as language doesn't matter so any 4 people can play.

Scooby they sell Monopoly and other games in Migros.

Hi, We have a house near Reidere and have visited at least twice a year for the past 30 years. Now, we are thinking of moving there and I'm interested finding out what life is like there on a more permenant basis. Also, if there is an active English community?

Many thanks,gale

Hello Gale.

I think the best way to find the information you want is to look at the following threads.http://www.turkeycentral.com/index.php?showtopic=5070http://www.turkeycentral.com/index.php?showtopic=6234Let us know when you're going to be here and we can meet up for a coffee or something, if you like? :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Selcuk. If you Google rummikub you'll be able to find how to play and the rules, but these can vary a bit depending on who you play with. :crying[1]: