Clothes To Turkey

Rate this topic

Im trying to send almost all my clothes/shoes to turkey because 25kg luggage allowance simply isnt enough for what i want to take. Just wondering does anyone know of any good/reliable companies that will be able to do this for me from the UK. Checked a couple of websites but they charge a fortune. Even if there are any normal postal sevices, more than likely its just going to be one big box!

Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

i too was curious about these things 3 yrs ago before i moved here. i spent a huge ammount bringing things over in suitcases everytime i came over....also wore many a layer like a fool even in summer heat when i travelled. But i didnt have to wait to wear things they were with me. i think what i paid in the end was worth it as i have yet to find quality clothes decently priced in my area (rural)..and considering i sold all my belongings apart from facvourite clothes, i had to make sure i had some treats to make me settle in. so i do understand the need!..... :)

I would agree with KKW that excess baggage might be the best option but we have a member that is in the transportation business and he might be able to help you.--------------------Mr. Taner ALTINAYDirector of Sales & MarketingTuzcuoglu Transportation ServicesAnkara (main office) +90 (0) 312 473 81 30Istanbul: +90 (0) 216 478 14 49Izmir: +90 (0) 232 484 80 34Adana: +90 (0) 322 363 19 02www.tuzcuogluremoval.com

you should see the price of the flights with them though i think id rather wear 100 layers of clothes to travel in than pay them prices! but thanks for that info though everything is appreciated! Does anyone know if you can do this with Pegasus, i tried phoning them earlier but didnt really get anywhere!?

Debbie before we came to Turkey my husband, as a Returning Turk had to go to the Turkish Consulate to get some paperwork done and signed off by the Noter for our household goods. Not sure if it is still the same as this was over 4 years ago but might be worth ringing the Consulate and checking it out.

If you go to Mr Altinay's website you can get some info there and also contact phone numbers so you can ask.www.tuzcuogluremoval.com

Hi and thanks Abi, I'll give the Embassy a ring and clarify if there are any different procedures if my Husband ships the furniture in using his Turkish Citizanship....

I have just discovered this info from another forum and to be honest it's now got me a bit worried as to whether we will be able to Ship all our furniture over at all...

From November 12th 2009 the importation rules for household effects will change.

There will no longer be a "Temporary Import" rule (Gecici Kabul) and a need to leave a security deposit etc.

The only tax now payable is the TRT bandrola tax for TVs, radios and other equipment capable of receiving TV and radio waves.

Documents needed for import are now as follows:

Residence permit

Passport

Lease or Tapu (rental leases must be for at least 24 months).

What I'm worried about is the Rental Contract they require 2 years min....... I mean how many people including Turkish citizens sign up to a 2yr rental aggreement...... I certainly didn't want to commit myself to a 2yr rental in one go... you just never know what may happen...