Sign in to follow this  
Talulah

Affordable Hotels Closest To American Embassy In Ankara?

Rate this topic

My husband has his green card interview at the American Embassy in Ankara in December. The interview will be early in the morning so we will travel from Istanbul the day before and stay somewhere overnight. We've never been to Ankara before so I'm wondering where to stay that is both affordable and close to the US embassy. Are there any affordable places to stay that are in close walking distance of the American embassy?

I think the embassy is in Cankaya/Kavaklidere area. It's not one of the cheaper areas to stay, to be honest. I stayed at the Park Hotel in Cankaya, but I think this is quite an expensive one. You may find that to get something reasonably priced, you may need to look a little further out. My knowledge of Ankara is not up to date so I'd suggest googling for hotels near Çankaya and just do a comparison.

I was referring to the King Hotel Guvenlik not the King Hotel Cankaya. The King Hotel Guvenlik information can be reached from the King Hotel link already provided. There also reviews for the King Guvenlik on tripadvisor.For your reference in trying to find a hotel close to the embassy it is located at Ataturk Blv. 110, Kavaklidere - Ankara.Good Luck!

Thanks Dande & techguy. I checked out the site for the King Hotel but can't find the room rates. Right now I'm deciding between the slightly cheaper Deniz Atlanta Hotel and the closer Best Western Hotel 2000, unless the King Hotel is cheaper.

I booked a room at the Best Western Hotel Ikibin 2000 on hotels.com. It was $108 for a room with a double bed. The cheapest rates I found were on hostelworld.com. I saw a room at another hotel on hostelworld.com for $80 but is was further away so I didn't think it was worth it just to save $20.

Just like I feared, he was put on AP. They stay at the Best Western was nice. We took the overnight train from the Asian side of Istanbul to Ankara. Slept in a two person compartment. My first time on an overnight train so it was fun and not too terribly uncomfortable. So we arrived at the hotel around 8 am but they let us go ahead and check into our room since it's the off season. I sure didn't want to wait around til noon. The room was nice enough but what really tickled my pickle is that it had a huge bathtub. After a year with nothing but a crummy old shower in our apartment here it was so nice to take a bubble bath for a change. The embassy was just a 3 minute walk away so that was a big bonus for staying there.

Hi Talulah, I am trying to make arrangements from the US for my sister who will be traveling to Ankara to get her green card. Would you recommend the hotel you stayed at as safe for a single woman traveling? Also would happen to know anything about Ozilhan or Gold hotels?