Sign in to follow this  
nataliewest

Bodrum Airport

Rate this topic

Just travelled back to uk for family visit and travelled from Bodrum airport, cafe sera charges 8tl for a small tea and,wait for it,28tl,for burger and tea(no chips with that) Maybe do as i do and take ur own drinks and food ?

Guest nswharvey

Of course it could just be the typical lack of understanding here when it comes to foreign tourists. So many people here seem to think that all westerners are rich and hence exploitable.

C'mon people, be fair!

Turkish travelers pay the same too, not only foreign tourists.

The last time I had a coffee at an İtalian airport I paid 15$..

And 7$ for a small bottle of water.

So it is not only at Turkish airports we get fleeced.

As Huneybunny said, "captive market"..

:)

Regards,

I don't think it is entirely the fault of the people who run the shops/cafes. I think that they have to pay astronomically high rents for the places and the only way they can make a living is to price things high.Well that's my theory anyway. :)

we've just travelled back from bodrum airport on 27th september but knew prices would be high so took our own drinks, and food for the plane, travelled with onur air so no meals. at least you are able to take drinks into bodrum a/port unlike uk a'ports. we also found it much less hassle than m/cr airport. woman on the plane to bodrum paid

The ban on taking drinking water through security was only introduced at Izmir airport a few months ago. It's only a matter of time before all airports (including Bodrum) comply. Unless there's a public fountain at which to fill bottles after passing through security, we will all have to pay astronomically high prices for drinking water at airports...... they have us over a barrel !One hopes they won't do the same with food. BA will only give you a snack on flights between the UK & TR, while KTHY at least still provides pretty good meals inclusive (which could well change in future).

yes, a few years ago at Antalya airport, we prepared by buying cartons of visne suyu at tansas - only to have it all taken off us by security at the entrance. Highly annoying!It's been like this for years hasn't it?! From memory, Istanbul Ataturk is not so bad though - so I definitely think it has something to do with resort airports.We have also paid astronomical prices for drinks at Prague airport - to the point where it was cheaper to pay to go in the VIP lounge than if we'd bought 4 cans of coke!

In my experience... all airports are horrendously expensive! I'd count myself lucky in Bodrum you can take your own food into the airport! Don't try that in the UK lol. When I stayed in G

Not all. Heathrow really good for services and the same price or only slightly dearer than outside, But yes, when I left Ataturk airport and bought a coffee and a juice, there wasn't much change from a 20 tl note.