Turkish Foods Master List

Rate this topic

saren

Turkish foods master listI have been working really hard in editing, and building a list of the very best of Turkish foods. It's a little messy, because I don't know which foods taste best in which regions? I have some of them listed next to their preferred cities (the best cities to try that particular food), but I think I need more advice. Also, I'd be happy if you added any more items to the list, or help me to move around mis categorized items.

Thanks-BREAD: Tandır Ekmegi, Chorek, G

Good list Saren, how about adding Yufka, the thin flat bread made by the hundreds when a couple of village women neighbours get together to make and share it between their two families. A stack of about one hundred usually last a family about a week.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

Guest nswharvey

Good list Saren, how about adding Yufka, the thin flat bread made by the hundreds when couple of women neighbours get together to make and share it between their two families. A stack of about one hundred usually last a family about a week.

Most Turks who buy yufka buy it either from the yufkacı shop or from the supermarket.

Most Turks who buy yufka buy it either from the yufkacı shop or from the supermarket.

Yes if they buy it, however as I said those who live in villages don't buy it they make it.

You are not starting off your membership of this forum on a very friendly and polite note. Perhaps I might suggest you read the rules and etiquette before you make any further posts, it will help you join in, be accepted and perhaps help you to avoid opening your mouth to put your foot in it as you have done here. We value friendliness and politeness above correct English because we have a lot of members whose first language is not English.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

Moderator's note: My sentiments exactly, Curbagli. Some off-topic stuff has been removed. Let's stay on-topic. If you have an issue with a member, contact a moderator or address it somewhere other than here. Also please review the rules, and etiquette. As a community we try our best to show patience and tolerance to everyone.