Payment system like PayPal that I could use in Turkey.

Rate this topic

PeteJF

I have a UK bank account but am no longer resident in the UK. I recently got a new UK debit card which  PayPal would not accept.

Are there any international payment systems similar to PayPal that I could use here in Turkey.

Try using a VPN with a location which is not Turkey. That might work.

When I've tried to use PayPal from Turkey, I couldn't even enter the website. But if I used a location outside of Turkey, everything worked. Also, you can list your bank account details with PayPal for a direct withdrawal of the money rather than using a debit card. PayPal will verify it by sending two very small deposits in a day or so, you just go back to PayPal and enter those two amounts to complete the registration. From that point on you can pay directly from your bank account with no card.

But you have to do all of this from outside of Turkey with the VPN.

Also you must clear the PayPal cookies from your computer first because it will register you as being in Turkey, and that will cause problems also.

Want us to do your Tukey residence permit application, get your tax number and health insurance, and make the payment of your residence permit fees for you? Then visit our other website, TurkeyPermit.com.

Thanks Meral, I will investigate that to  see if it will work for me.

Thanks Ken VPN could be an option. I will have to check with  friends in the UK to see if I could use their address as an address for me.

I will let you know how I get on.

Also make sure you clear your PayPal cookies. Good luck!

Want us to do your Tukey residence permit application, get your tax number and health insurance, and make the payment of your residence permit fees for you? Then visit our other website, TurkeyPermit.com.

It was banned and I haven't heard of anything in Turkey which can do what PayPal does. I'm wondering if the Turkish government didn't like it since it could be used to make payments the government couldn't trace.

Just to clarify, even though PayPal was banned in Turkey, you can still use it as long as PayPal doesn't detect a login from Turkey or anything having to do with a sender or recipient in Turkey.

If you go to PayPal from an IP address in Turkey, PayPal will place a cookie on your computer which will signal PayPal you're in Turkey and block your entry into the website no matter what you do after that. So you must remove that PayPal cookie first.

Then you can use a VPN or proxy with an IP address outside of Turkey to enter the PayPal website and your account. As long neither the sender nor receiver are in Turkey, you can send and receive money.

I was able to pay one of my bills last week using that technique with PayPal.

Regarding the address, for the account I used (in the US), it did have me listed at a US address.