2021 On what date are different bills tend to be delivered to the residential unit?

Rate this topic

Hi there. so the way it works here in Kepez Antalya is basically that the utility bills from CK Akdeniz, ASAT will be delivered BY HAND and be tucked onto the ringer at the 0th Floor elevator entrance. 

So do you guys know, especially ones who use CK Deniz and ASAT, at what time of the month will these physical paper utility faturas be delivered to door at the building entrance?

Turk Telekom salesperson seems to have selected e-delivery and the fatura will be mailed to my email...

The electricity meters are only read every 3 months, here the water is read every 2 months. I think the date will depend on the area you live in. We are in the country and the electricity meter tends to be read at weekend (it can even be a Sunday), April, July, October and January.

I came to Turkey 3 weeks ago and I have lived here in Muratpaşa Antalya since then. I also was wondering how they were delivered.

The way to be delivered in my apartment is same as yours. Yesterday, I found the water bill at the ground floor near elevator. It was a random place. Out of many bills, I found mine and someone put the electrical bill today in the exact same way.

My suppliers are same as yours, CK Akdeniz and ASAT. I logged into my Ziraat bank account with a mobile banking and as soon as put the account number for water and electrical, there was already my name, address and the amount of due.

Just simple click few times and that was it. There was no fees. It was pretty straight forward. On the actual bill, the water printed on October 14 and the electrical printed on October 15. Hopefully, this helps you.

Fantastic information. How did you get your Ziraat bank account? Did they require your Ikamet or they opened it only with your PP and Vergi Numarasi and your Fatura? Any minimum initial deposit requirements at Ziraat? Which branch did you open it? 

Because the Kepez Ziraat I went to the bank clerk required a ridiculous 30k TL initial deposit lmfao. 

Like I mentioned earlier, I came to Turkey 3 weeks ago. I went to Ziraat Bank in Kepez since I was staying hotel at Kepez. I brought my passport, tax number, temporary home address which was a hotel, and some cash (Canadian currency).

They asked me the same thing, 30k TL deposit for 3 months. Since I took little more than that, there was no issue. They opened CAD account and TL account without a deposit.

I had some misunderstandings but it was okay because I was a new comer, and I fixed it at other branch after I moved to Muratpaşa.

I am also using Turk Telecom for home internet. Since I have not applied ikamet yet (I will do it next week) I asked my landlord to open it for 1 year contract and I paid ONE YEAR payment to the landlord up front so that I do not worry about the monthly payment.

So Ziraat branch in Kepez basically just asked you to present your 30000 TL cash you have on you and just went ahead and opened an account for you? 

Also how did you install your AC, and any leaks in the house? 

No. I deposited more than 30k but it was not the termed deposit such as 3 months saving, 6 months saving or longer period. As far as I know, the saving account at Ziraat is a red account book but my account book is white which is just checquing account. I believe they did not worry about it for some reason. I have already transferred some money from that account to my TL account just like a normal transfer between accounts.

I did not install AC. When I had a viewing for my flat, I noticed there was only one AC in living room and no other rooms, but I did not pointed it out since my wife and I loved this flat and the landlord. And there is no leaks at all in the flat. For AC, I think you can ask for it to your landlord or if your landlord is not interested, you can hire a technician with your own expense. But even that, I think you should let your landlord know and get the permission before starting.

Ah I see. Nah I bought an apartment in Varsak, Kepez. It is a lot of work installing that AC. First I have to order the AC from Trendyol, then it take 8 days to arrive by Borusan Logistics (Not a good service), then today I had to hire an electrician to prep the installation location for installation (He had to install a circuit breaker with wire going into the outdoor balcony's power outlet. Arcelik is coming to install on Monday and I'll hope nothing goes wrong on that day lol. 

Water leak is also a nightmare, spent 500 TL yesterday on a plumber who installed a showerhead on the mini water heater, fixed a leaking toilet by replacing the floater, and he treated the leaky kitchen faucet but it still leaks a tiny bit, so right now I'm waiting on another plumber to come here and replace the pipe and the faucet in the kitchen sink...

And how did you withdraw 30k cash in TL? PTT only allows me to withdraw 4k at once... 

Have you found other banks besides that infamous Kepez Ziraat? I couldn't make the gamble of they putting the money into a locked savings account in CD with 30k of my life depending cash to spend...

I am sorry to hear you have had a hard time for all the works.

I have not transferred 30k. I just wanted to see if the transaction was easy. I transferred some money from CAD account to TL account. Since my accounts are chequing account and t is not the locked account, it was straight forward.

Understood. So are you going to apply for the Ikamet on the tourist residence basis? Basically like a bank statement of the past 6 months, rental lease, copies of documents and proof of health insurance? 

We should definitely meet up as I have felt like finding anybody who speaks English would be like finding a needle in the Mediterranean sea lol.

What do you plan to do between now and your Goc Idaresi interview date? My Goc Idaresi interview is on November 1st. Installing the AC next Monday and hopefully I could open a bank account at Vakif Katilim or Kuveyt Turk. 

Yes, basically right but I cannot get 6 months bank statement since I've been in Turkey less than a month, so I will print out my home country bank statement. I am a new comer, so cannot speak Turkish well. My wife and I decided learning Turkish. We have Turkish course at Tomer M-F. It is so fun but hard and a lot of homeworks. Yes we can meet some time later. Hopefully, everything goes well for you.

Will keep you updated on my sides of the story. Yes I don't think you even need a Turkish bank statement, a 6 month home bank statement in English should suffice. 

On Monday I'll go get the AC installed try to open a bank account at Kuveyt or Vakif Katilim. I also need to buy a silicone gun and a silicone caulk to seal the newly installed electric circuit breaker and the power switch that are both exposed in the open air on the top floor balcony.