Recommendation for estate agent and lawyer in Antalya

Rate this topic

Hello!

My husband and I are looking to buy a property in Antalya to live in year round.  We’ll be visiting very soon and would love to find a good estate agent and lawyer.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also very happy to receive any recommendations on areas to consider.  Currently we think Belek, Konyaalti and Lara might suit us (for relaxed, Sandy beach lifestyle not too far from the city).

Any tips will be very gratefully received!!!!

Many thanks,

G

If it suits you a far better idea would be to come and rent for an extended stay, between 6 months and a year including a winter. Look around, talk to various people and talk to various estate agents. What you pay in rent you will save in being more aware and better equipped to negotiate a price. Just to come and buy is very risky.

Çukurbağlı's blog. Warning - takes you off the forum and into the www.wilderness

Have you used Sahibinden.com before? That's probably the biggest site where you'll find real estate for sale. I agree it's a good idea to rent for a year first to make sure you like where you want to live. If you want a sandy beach, choose Lara, in the Güzeloba district. In Sahibinden it's under Muratpaşa --> Lara --> Güzeloba.

It's a quiet area of Lara but not to far from everything. There's a public beach which is sandy (with a bit of soil mixed in, not white sandy), and there is a series of beach clubs there. It's probably pretty quiet in the winter, but if you have a car you can easily get to various nearby malls and good restaurants.

Konyaaltı has a pebble beash which is vast. The thing I don't like about it is that there is a busy road  running alongside of it. In Güzeloba there's a road farther from the beach, which is a quieter road suitable for walking.

There's no national real estate listing site. Sahibinden has properties for sale from the owner and also real estate agents. What I do is find a property I like, and if it's listed by a property agent I go and visit them with a printout of the ad.

Want us to do your Tukey residence permit application, get your tax number and health insurance, and make the payment of your residence permit fees for you? Then visit our other website, TurkeyPermit.com.

I almost forgot. There is an English-speaking lawyer here in Antalya who is excellent. She has done legal work for the expat group here and is well-known and recommended by them. I'll send you a PM with her contact info.

As for a trustworthy and reliable real estate agent, I don't know of any I would recommend, but if you use Sahibinden.com you'll see what estate agent is selling the property.

Want us to do your Tukey residence permit application, get your tax number and health insurance, and make the payment of your residence permit fees for you? Then visit our other website, TurkeyPermit.com.

Ibrahim, Curkurbagli, Ken,

Many thanks for your responses, very much appreciated.  I have read some real horror stories about foreigners losing money on bad deals, which is a real shame.

I will check out Sahibinden.com.

We've also been told that Belek is nice, is it worth considering?  Ideally, we'd like somewhere that is busy year-round.

Many thanks, 

I'm not sure about how Belek is year-round. As you probably know it's a big golf destination. Antalya is definitely busy year-round since it has a lot more going for it than tourism. It swells with tourists and holiday-makers in Kaleiçi (the old city) during the tourism season, but most everything is still open during the winter. Personally I like it also because of the airport, you can be in Istanbul with a one-hour flight as well.

• 2 months later...