Which Address Should I Use to Get a Turkish Tax Number Before I Acquire a Property and What Should I Do Afterwards?

Rate this topic

It seems like in order to purchase a property, I have to stop by Antalya's tax office and obtain a tax number. 

However before I purchase a property I must stay in some random Airbnb rental apartments. 

In this situation if the tax agency of Antalya asks me for an address, do I just supply the current address I lived in that temporary transitional apartment?

How do I revise the address of my tax number after I moved into the apartment I buy? Do I need to amend the address with the Tax agency?

Without my own property and purchasing a scanner/printer, getting a mere copy would also be a pain in the rear end... I know last time Mr C or you told me I can stop by a kiosk and get a copy but it would be a pain also when I don't know the language well...

I remember when I got my tax number many years ago they didn't ask for a copy of my passport. I just read somewhere to take one, but honestly I don't know why they would need one. I was saying to take one "just in case."

Usually around the tax offices are places you can get a kopya (copy) if you need one. You could just walk in and display your passport and point to the copy machine. I suspect you won't need a copy, but I haven't heard from anyone about this who has gotten a tax number lately.

You can ask for a vergi numarası (tax number) or download the Google Translate app or a free Turkish-English dictionary onto your smartphone.

You can use the temporary address where ever you are living the time of getting a tax number and there is no need to update that. Also you can generate your tax number online without the need of visiting tax office as I did for all of my family members, it takes hardly a minute.

If I talk about my experience I generated my tax number when I was in Bursa and later I moved to Istanbul where I purchased a property, so throughout every process or place I used the tax number with the address mentioned of Bursa hotel.

You can follow this guide for generating tax number Tax ID - International Community Office (ku.edu.tr)

When I try to get it online, it tells me "unable to verify your info, please apply at the tax office"

It just keep showing me this message and refuse to let me proceed when I apply using the Interaktif Vergi Dairesi site. 

Any suggestions or I shall just go to Vergi Dairesi in person?

I am assuming that you have already entered Turkey because you cannot get the tax number before that.

Sometime this type of problem I face in when the character entered in the system is different, for example in my name character 'i' sometime it is entered as Turkish char 'ı' then I have to use this character only then it works.

I wonder if it has something to do with you IP address not being in Turkey. Some of the websites, like the one I use to order takeout food, won't work if I don't have a Turkish IP address.

When I entered Turkey to Antalya in Jan of this year, I tried the same website at my Hostel, and it did not work at all. While I was in the Hostel in Muratpasa, Antalya... Same exact error.

• Ken Grubb changed the title to Which Address Should I Use to Get a Turkish Tax Number Before I Acquire a Property and What Should I Do Afterwards?