Do I just take the listings I found on Hurriyet Emlak to my Turkish real estate agent?

Rate this topic

Hi there, Let's say if I secured a Remax Real Estate Agent in Antalya, do I just take a list of my interested properties found on Hurriyet Emlak, and go meet with my Remax Real Estate Agent in Antalya, and then we'll go check out the properties in person and submit an offer? Is it how the process is supposed to work?

Thanks!

Hello Vu8, 

Yes, it seems to be the best way for 2 important reasons, which the 1st one you would be able to see the property in person given that internet listings do not always reflect unit's actual conditions, qualifications etc, while the 2nd one as you meet the owner in person, you can give it a try to do some further price negotiations. There is usually a gap at the listing price which usually varies between %1-10. 

Good luck with your market search :)

All the best, 

Whenever I've looked for a property, I've done what Egelegal says above. I think it's the best way to find a property.

Here's what I've done to find rental apartments. First, I find all of the properties I'm interested in, and print them out on paper. Then I go to the real estate agents, one by one, and ask to see the properties.

Because I was just renting, they only wanted to show me properties they were listing, because they only get half of the commission if they sell a property listed by another agent. If it's a rental, it's only half of one month's rent, so that's not much to compensate them for the work. But if it's a sale, half the commission is 3% of the sales price, so it could be that one agent will arrange to show you all of the properties you're interested in, no matter who is selling them.

Extreme Solid information uncle! This is another thing I was worrying about, that buyer's agent doesn't want to show me properties like the US ones do, but I guess when the commission is big enough they do! hahaha!

Keep in mind that there is no buyer's agent. All of the agents work for the seller. They don't get paid anything unless you buy a property. If they sell you a property they are listing, they get all of the commission, which is typically six percent of the sales price. If they take you to a property being sold by another real estate agent and you buy that property, they split the sales price with the selling agent and get three percent.