Residence Permit Renewal in Istanbul: Is There an Appointment or are Documents Mailed In?

Rate this topic

I just extended my residence permit in February, in Antalya. I went to my appointment. When I went to the reception desk, an immigration officer looked over my documents and gave me a tebliğ-tebellüğü (an official communique) which just said they had received my documents and that they would process them. Both the immigration officer and I signed it, and she gave me a copy. There was no interview.

The immigration officer said they were only interviewing new applicants now. I don't know if it's the same in Istanbul, but it might just be a matter of just going to the immigration office and giving them the application documents.

Let us know how it goes... and good luck to you!

• Ken Grubb changed the title to Residence Permit Renewal in Istanbul: Is There an Appointment or are Documents Mailed In?

Today I  got message from

(Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü-Istanbul)

Invited me for an interview on the 28th. of April.

I had to cancel my renewal application because I am out of Turkey and can not come back to the pointed interview.

I don't know what will happen , my RP will expire on the 15th of May 2021 and I am not sure that I will be back before the 15th of May.

I am holding a Swedish passport, so it will not be a problem to return back after the 15th. of May.

Can I apply for renewal when I am back in Istanbul or I should apply as a first time applying.