Covid 19 Vaccination in Turkey

Rate this topic

Hello 

I am wondering if any one know about the possibility of getting a covid19 vaccination for the foreigner who has a short-term residence permit?

If there any private hospital which offer a vaccination for a foreigner with residence permit?

I appreciate very much your help.   

Thank you Goreme1990, I do not have a health insurance except the one I used for my RP, which almost worth nothing, and my husband is over 65 also he do not have a health insurance. 

Do you think we have right to be vaccinated in Turkey? do you know any private clinic or hospital who can offer the vaccination against payment? 

Thank you in advance

First up, there is no charge to be vaccinated if you hold a valid resident permit. As I said before, you have the right to be vaccinated if you have a residence permit. Being over 65 means your husband was eligible to get his first vaccination injection over a month ago. You haven't said if you have registered with e-nabiz. This is essential for you to get your vaccinations. 

I just registered today. It was a bit confusing but I was finally able to register and book an appointment at a nearby clinic on April 1st. A friend of mine also joined and got an appointment tomorrow.

Keep trying, it did work for me today.

Both my wife and myself (both aged 61) were booked to be vaccinated this afternoon, 31 March, however when we got to the clinic we were told that they had not been provided with enough doses to cope with the demand. We were told they should be having a delivery tomorrow morning, but that we should phone first.

We are in Antalya.

• Ken Grubb changed the title to Covid 19 Vaccination in Turkey

An update. We went to the clinic at half ten to be vaccinated, my wife was vaccinated but as I am not yet a Turkish citizen I was told that I had to contact the British consulate who would book register me with the e-nabiz site and book my appointment.

This turned out to be a misunderstanding and that is not something the British consulate can do. I went to the e-Nabiz site but not having a Turkish national insurance number was unable to log in.

We called our local clinic and were told to come in with my mobile phone Turkish ID, British Passport and they would register me with e-Nabiz using a temporary ID number.

We did that, my stepson doing some translations and I was able to book a vaccination appointment for the morning of the ninth of April.

I got my first vaccination yesterday afternoon. No side effects at all. I'm now to make an appointment for the second vaccination on or after April 29th. Neither the e-Nabiz system nor anybody at the clinic asked me anything about insurance, e-Nabiz just needed my foreigner ID number, and the clinic just needed to see my ID card.

The clinic only needed my Turkish ID, the person who said to bring everything else was the same woman who gave the incorrect information about having to book my vaccination through the British Consulate. I think she was just being cautious and didn't want to cause any more delays.

At the clinic one of the doctors was able to sort everything out quite quickly.

I'm glad it went well for you! Same here in Antalya at a clinic. I went 45 minutes early (no way did I want to miss my appointment) expecting a long queue. The place was practically empty, with only one couple there getting their shot when I arrived. It took maybe 20 minutes including a brief interview about allergies and such.

Hi Ken. Which vaccine did you get? I was told that there was a choice, depending on where you went. The BioNTech though was only available from the hospital, so we went with the Sinovac at the local clinic which was almost empty of people.

I got the Sinovac, the Chinese vaccine. I was reading that Brazil is reporting only a 50.4% efficacy rate, and that it looks like the Sinovac vaccine is generally not as effective as the BioNTech vaccine, which has a 97% efficacy rate. So I wonder if we could get the BioNTech vaccine even after having the Sinovac vaccine.

Anyone seen any news on this?

I got Sinovac too (wasn't offered anything else since that's all they had at the Family Doctor's). I read today that China finally admitted Sinovac wasn't highly effective; only 3% after 1st dose, rising to 50.66% after 2nd dose (but only after 40 days). On the other hand, Sinopharm was rated 79%.

Another article I read stated that Sinovac Phase 3 trials were being conducted in certain countries, including Turkey... so I guess we are apparently part of that trial...     :( 

I wasn't keen on Pfizer because it's something totally new & hadn't been through the usual trials, whereas Sinovac's vaccine is made by the conventional method of using dead viruses..