My Passport Sent Back with a Document

Rate this topic

The document states that 

Your application is under processing by the ministry for interior of the republic of turkey for further investigation and it may take 4-6 weeks.

in case your application will be concluded affirmatively you will be informed by email or telephone in other words, if you will not have any call/emails within 6 week times from the consular section, if should be considered that is negative.

please revise your booking according to the forthcoming progress.

Turkish Embassy / consular section in Islamabad

Does it mean my visa is rejected? Am I banned from entering to Turkey for 3 months? I applied visa on 19th february and received this back on 8th March. 

Please note "My residence permit is concluded positively and at a printing stage". 

I'm confused about this. The message sounds like it's about a visa. But you also have a residence permit? You can't get a residence permit unless you first enter Turkey with a visa.

If you've been in Turkey with a visa and have applied for a residence permit, then you should be able to enter Turkey without a visa, because your residence permit will be recorded in the system, and the border control police will be able to see it. That's based on what other foreigners have reported.

But if you're outside of Turkey you can call the immigration office helpline at +90 312 157 1122 and ask them to make sure.

Yes sir, that's about a visa i applied because I left country with muracaat belgesi and now rp application is approved. But they sent emptu passport without refusing it. I have been trying to call the above number but no one is picking up calls for days.

I have booked my flight, do you think they will let me enter because rp is approved and on printing stage.

Yes, I think they'll let you enter because you have an approved residence permit which is registered in the system. I say that because at least one member here has reported that they re-entered Turkey without their residence permit card before, and were allowed in because the border control police could see they had a residence permit. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't let you in.

Sorry about the telephone number. That's the number they had on the immigration office website for international calls. Thanks for letting me know there's a problem with it, I'll check to see if the number has changed and update it.

I don't know... it's possible. Perhaps while processing your visa they looked in their system and saw that you have a residence permit, and I would assume the border control police would be using the same system.

In the case I referred to earlier, one of our members lost their residence permit while they were in the UK. And they returned to Turkey without their residence permit card. The border control officer looked into the computer system and saw they had a residence permit, so they didn't need the card to enter Turkey. So it should be the same for you. If your residence permit has been approved, it should be in the same system.

• 2 weeks later...

Usama, please let us know if you were able to get back in. I called Sabiha Gökçen Airport's Visa Violation Office and asked if they could see that you have a residence permit in their system, and they said yes. They also said you could re-enter based on that. I hope that's what happens.

Wow Usama. I'm relieved. I really value your feedback on this. I can read this law or that law and talk to government officials, and I often get conflicting information. So I only know for sure how things really work when a foreigner actually goes through a process to verify everything.

Thanks, and welcome back! 

• Ken Grubb changed the title to My Passport Sent Back with a Document