Brining in electronix to turkey...

Rate this topic

I have decided to come and settle in turkey, am Palestinian and AMOF i visited turkey in the past several times, am coming from the UAE and i have a tourism visa and as soon as i enter i will apply for the residency and chances are i will get it (99%) don't ask me how i know just trust me it hardly gets rejected for some people :D

anyways, i have few things (personal belongings) which are used by me and Not planning to sell, mostly computer hardware (in used condition), android and an iPhone, 2 laptops, an Xbox and few computer hardware, am wondering has anyone tried it personally ? I will land in IST Airport for sure, the stuff will be in my luggage along with my other personal things (clothes etc...) will those computer items cause me any issues ? can someone plz speak from experience and advise? ill try NOT to take more than the stuff mentioned above and it doesn't sound like much to me, just how strict are they with this stuff?

Here's the Turkish customs guide for incoming passengers:

https://gumrukrehberi.gov.tr/kategori/bireysel-slemler/yolcu-rehberi

Have a look through it. I found in the guide where it said this:

Each passenger can take medication, watch, tablet, camera, etc. as well as bringing travel goods; It may also bring goods such as electronic goods, music, games and sports equipment, health devices, kitchenware, as exempted from customs duties.

I would think there is a limit on this, that is, it probably wouldn't apply to someone with 50 laptops in their suitcase! I've brought two laptops and a tablet and two cameras into Turkey, which belonged to me (I bought a new laptop and camera in the USA). And have been through customs many times. I've never seen them stop anybody at all, including me.

So I think you're okay. And by the way, best of luck to you with your relocation to Turkey!

• 2 weeks later...