What Can I Do if My Turkey Residence Permit Application is Rejected or Canceled?

Rate this topic

Where are you planning to live in Turkey? If it's in Fatih or Esenyurt districts of Istanbul, they are rejecting applications except for property owners and students.

If not, you can appeal. See this article for how to appeal the decision:

• Ken Grubb changed the title to What Can I Do if My Turkey Residence Permit Application is Rejected or Canceled?
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I want to ask about the residence permit. 

So my friend was applying in Izmir for short term residence permit, and it get rejected. Mandatory to leave Turkey within 10 days. But, she didn't go back to her country. She re-apply for another short term residence permit in another city/district, which is Pendik. 

My question is, will she get approved on her 2nd application? If not, should she really go back ASAP to her country, as the following days of her overstay is getting more. 

Thank you for the attention.

Hana,if she's already been rejected she can't make another application for an RP of the same status [i assume hers was a touristic application] anywhere in Turkey for a minimum of 6 months. Also has her tourist visa time of 30 or 90 days expired?. If so again she can't apply with expired visa time. as she's here illegally. Thirdly choosing Istanbul is the worst city she could apply in,they refuse as many as they accept especially those holding non EU or non mainstream passports. 

Yes she was applying for touristic purpose, she came here on 13th of April and the visa duration is 30days which means expiring on 13th of May.

She got rejected on 6th of May in Izmir and re-applying again the next day on 7th of May. And on 25th of May she had appointment in Pendik. And now she was waiting for the decision from the immigration. 

But she said that she was contact the 157 call centre to check the status, but they said that the result is negative. What does it means? Is it the result for her first rejection permit in Izmir? Or the one in Pendik? 

Is the system will find out anyway if she had permit rejection before in Izmir? 

Thank you so much for the help. 

I can't answer that as there's no way of telling. She should speak with 157 again & ask what the application number is that has been rejected,then she'll know if it's her 1st or 2nd. Regardless i'd be surprised if the 2nd one isn't cancelled as Pendik will see immediately on the system that  she made an application that was rejected only days before.

Yes, I agree with you too about Pendik will see it immediatly on the system. But both her 2 applications that she has checked on the immigration website is always endup "has not been found" (the registration number that rejected in Izmir and the second one in Pendik) 

May I know if they will input the result to the immigration website from Izmir area/ only the one in Istanbul? 

Thank you so much. 

No, both the differents address she filled in her applications in Izmir and Pendik are her friend's property. 

So even she applied with the different address for her first and second application, there's no way that it will approve, right? Also she was applying with the different duration of stay. First one is for 1 year and the second one is for 6 months only. 

She's actually ok to wait and go back to her country first. But she just wanna try a different attempts.

I'm assuming also she didn't include a ”Letter of Living Permission” tahhutname) Residing in a property without a Tapu or rental agreement signed by both parties & Notarized with her applications as her name wouldn't be on her friends rental agreement.

Well there's nothing she can do now if the 2nd application is/has been refused as she is now way past the date she needs to exit Turkey as she's an overstayer . If as I suspect both applications have been rejected then she is now here illegally & must leave and pay the overstay fine due asap, to save her being given a ban on top of the fine.