How Long Does it Take to Get a Turkish Work Permit?

Rate this topic

I checked the website of the Ministry of Family, Labor, and Social Security but I couldn't find an answer to your question. So I did some searching and found a couple of websites of consulting companies which arrange work permits for foreigners.

The first website said that after the Ministry receives all of the required documents, it has a time metric of 30 days to approve work permit applications.

The second website said that after the Ministry receives all of the documents, it can take 30-60 days for the actual work permit card to be delivered.

So it can take up to 30 days for approval, then up to 30 days for the printing and delivery of the card.

Update:

I have just received an email from my company saying that my work permit was approved yesterday, but it still says "under assessment" on the ministry website because they didn't pay the fees yet. Once the fees are paid, the application will be approved on the system and I can start working immediately (I don't have to wait for the card). They applied on 14th of January and the application was approved on 27th of January (total of 13 calendar days or 10 business days).

• Ken Grubb changed the title to How Long Does it Take to Get a Turkish Work Permit?