Bought a New Car and Paid Full Taxes in Turkey

Rate this topic

So I just bought a new car from an authorized dealership. I knew there are tax free plates for foreigners that have lettering MA-MZ but they have selling and other restrictions. So I went ahead and paid full taxes. I was surprised that my plate came out MD. Is there a mistake here? Did I get a blue plate although I paid full taxes? Please confirm. Thanks.

Congratulations on your new car 'Güle güle kullanın .

Foreigners who own cars in Turkey must have 'MA' plates. When the MA series runs out they move to MB, MC etc. It does not matter that you have paid full price including tax. You can sell it to a Turk, but then they must change the plates to normal Turkish ones. The important think for you to remember is that only you and your immediate family can drive a car on MA or MD plates.

Just give her the keys, we each have a car registered in our name and drive them interchangeably. We have often been stopped at roadside checkpoints, have produced the documents as requested and there has never been an issue. I assume that your wife's residence permit shows the same address as you. My wife does not uses the same surname as me either.

• Ken Grubb changed the title to Bought a New Car and Paid Full Taxes in Turkey
  • 6 months later...