Migration Plan To Turkey | Needed Property & Permit Consultation

Rate this topic

Zohaib Khan

Merhaba,

Phase 1:

I am Zohaib from Pakistan and planning to migrate to Turkey by purchasing a property (my brother and sister on same tapu (property title deed). I am planning a visit at the end of January for total 20 days (as I have takes leave from Job). So what I am planning is to either short list some property here through Sahibinden or maybe through some Estate Agent and as soon as I land I visit and finalize the property and initiate the process of purchasing and then apply for Residence Permit.

Now main question is,

Is this all possible in 20 days ?

• Purchasing Property
  • Applying Residence Permit (I can give my siblings power of attorney so they can do any documentation needed and receive my TR card)

2nd Possibility:

• Rent property
  • Apply for tourist residence permit
  • Find property

Phase 2:

My rest of the family that include my wife & children and my parents will migrate as well along with me after winding up everything from my homeland so we will purchase one more property(the higher value one) under my parents name so they will be eligible for residence permit as well. We will also be investing in some business (probably more than 1) as I will be leaving my job and we have a plan to focus on business in Turkey.

Now the question is,

• can I apply for my wife and children TR along with my application during my first visit ?

I am looking for some real estate agent and lawyer for consultation. So please mention some reliable one's. I have submitted a form on this website for the same purpose but haven't got any response.

I'm not a real estate agent, but I'll answer your questions as best I can.

Is this all possible in 20 days ?

• Purchasing Property
  • Applying Residence Permit (I can give my siblings power of attorney so they can do any documentation needed and receive my TR card)

Yes. However, some areas require a military check, to make sure the property isn't near a military zone. Normally that's not a problem, but if a military check is required, it can take more time than 20 days. What I would suggest is to ask a property agent selling the property if a military check is required. And if it is, if they can take care of it for you.

It depends on how much time your visa allows you to be in Turkey, but you can apply for a residence permit any time within 60 days of the time your visa allows you to be here. Citizens of some countries have a time shorter than 60 days. If that's the case, you can apply as soon as you get here.

Regarding power of attorney, I've only seen that being allowed if a person buys property for over $250,000 USD to become a citizen. There's a special program for that. But for a residence permit, you'll have to be in Turkey. I'm hearing that they have resumed personal interviews. If they have, you'll have to appear in person. Call the immigration helpline to see if they're doing personal interviews where you are. The number in Turkey is 157. The number from outside of Turkey is +90 312 157 1122

2nd Possibility:

• Rent property
  • Find property

You can do that too. You can even stay in a hotel and apply for a residence permit using the hotel's address until you find a property to buy. They'll even give you a residence permit for a year while you're staying in a hotel until you find a property. Then when you find one, and buy it, you simply change your address.

My rest of the family that include my wife & children and my parents will migrate as well along with me after winding up everything from my homeland so we will purchase one more property(the higher value one) under my parents name so they will be eligible for residence permit as well. We will also be investing in some business (probably more than 1) as I will be leaving my job and we have a plan to focus on business in Turkey.

If you buy a property worth more than $250,000 USD, or a mix of investments worth at least $500,000, you can become a Turkish Citizen. I thought I'd mention that since you're talking about investing.

can I apply for my wife and children TR along with my application during my first visit ?

You can apply one time for your family for an e-visa, but not for a residence permit. Each person must submit their own residence permit application and attend an interview.

I am looking for some real estate agent and lawyer for consultation. So please mention some reliable one's. I have submitted a form on this website for the same purpose but haven't got any response.

We're experiencing a problem with the e-mail system now. I'm in the process of fixing that now. I'm going to sent you a private message to let you know who to contact.

Want us to do your Tukey residence permit application, get your tax number and health insurance, and make the payment of your residence permit fees for you? Then visit our other website, TurkeyPermit.com.

hey Ken thank you so much for your detailed answer of my queries. I really appreciate your contribution on this forum. I was following this forum for sometime, soon I will be contributing here too.

Ken can do you have any idea how many days later we get interview date ? generally . Lets say if I proceed with the rental agreement route first so can I get the interview date within 20 days ? as I will be on a very tight schedule though my siblings will be staying there

I'm happy to help you. I know what it's like to be new here, and how important it is to have as much information as possible.

Unfortunately it's impossible to say when your appointment will be. If you're in Istanbul, it can take weeks. Typically you create an appointment date and time at the very end of the online residence permit application. But in Istanbul, and possibly Ankara, they later send you an appointment date and time by SMS message or e-mail, depending on the communications preference you select.

Here in Antalya, the last time I extended my residence permit (that was nearly two years ago), there were appointment times available less than a week after my application. So it would really depend on where you are and how busy the immigration office is. Istanbul gets the vast majority of applications and they're typically very busy.

What I would suggest is that you work with a real estate agent. You can give them power of attorney to take care of the property buying details for you, while you're out of the country. It's pretty standard procedure. If the real estate agent sells one of the properties they're listing, they get the entire commission of six percent (three percent paid by the seller, three percent paid by the the buyer. They can also sell properties listed by other agents, but they only get three percent since they two agents split the commission. While there might less financial incentive, they can still do it.

You can also hire a lawyer to represent you. They always work with power of attorney. Or you could give a family member power of attorney to sign the various documents involved on your behalf.

Get the powers of attorney in Turkey. They're easy to get, the person you're giving power of attorney to doesn't have to be at the notary office. If you  get one from your home country it will be a big hassle with internationally legalizing it and having it translated for use in Turkey.

Also I'd suggest, when you apply online, select e-mail as your chosen communications method. That way you'll get messages from the immigration office about your appointment and any additional documents they might require, also the approval message. If someone is going to remain in Turkey, you could also use their mobile phone number for messages. This would be important for when the immigration office approves your residence permit and prints the card, then gives it to the PTT (post office) for delivery. The PTT will send a tracking code for the delivery of the card. You would also need to give power of attorney to whoever is in Turkey to receive your card. Unfortunately I don't think you can give someone power of attorney to attend your appointment, whenever it is... you'll have to be there.

Want us to do your Tukey residence permit application, get your tax number and health insurance, and make the payment of your residence permit fees for you? Then visit our other website, TurkeyPermit.com.

Good luck with it all. I hope you'll let us know how it went for you.

• 1 month later...

Don't want to spoil the occasion, but I'm wondering if Pakistani citizens are allowed to get a "touristic residence permit".  In late 2019, certain nationalities were no longer allowed that residency option (i.e. Iranians).  Just wanted to ask the question.  It may affect Zohaib's option #2:

2nd Possibility:

• Rent property
  • Find property

Good news! I'm glad things are working out for you and that you're in Istanbul. I'd definitely be interested in how things go for you, if what I said was correct, and if you learn some new things that could help all of us. Good luck with everything!