Using a Two-year Health Insurance Policy for a Second Year of Residence in Turkey

Rate this topic

Hey all, me and my wife will be applying for our renewals for our residence permits. We initially applied for 2 years for our first application (and in turn got 2 years of private health insurance). Sadly, we only got accepted for one year on our residency.

But its the time of year where we must apply for our residency again, and we'll be applying for just one year, are we able to use the health insurance we put for the first time as it'll be valid within the time frame?

Yes, you'll be able to use it. It would just be a matter of using the policy number and start/end dates of the second policy (if you have two of them) when you apply. There's no requirement to buy a new one if you already have one that meets the minimum standards.

• Ken Grubb changed the title to Using a Two-year Health Insurance Policy for a Second Year of Residence in Turkey
  • 2 months later...

I had heard from a member here that they got one policy for two years. I even asked them specifically about it and they said again it was one policy covering two years. I have never heard of this before, either, and I'm not sure if there was some confusion in the communication, but that's what they said. I haven't verified this anywhere. In February of this year, I applied for a two-year residence permit and got my insurance from Ankara Sigorta, and it was two one-year policies.