Can My Wife Receive My Turkey Residence Permit for Me?

Rate this topic

I don't know the rules of the PTT (post office), but I don't see why they wouldn't give it to your wife. When the PTT has delivered mine, once they gave it to a neighbor. I heard from another person they gave it to the complex security guard. Both signed for the delivery.

If for some reason they don't give it to her, they'll keep it at the PTT office. After seven days they'll send it to the DGMM office, and you can get it from there.

I'm going from the documentation and conversations I've had with the DGMM, so I can only tell you what they said. And I can't know what they might say if you come three months later. They should have your card, though. I don't know the PTT regulations for delivery. When they've delivered my card before I had to show identification and sign for it. But they've also left it with a neighbor before. So I don't know if their rules say they can leave it with somebody else or if they just don't always follow the rules.

My bet is that they'll give it to your wife. After all, she'll be in your house and have ID showing that she's your wife. If they don't, the worst thing that could happen is that you have to go to the DGMM and get it when you get back.

• Ken Grubb changed the title to Can My Wife Receive My Turkey Residence Permit for Me?
  • 2 weeks later...