Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agamemnon

Getting A Turkish Pension

Rate this topic

Guest Agamemnon

As this is the forum for health care and insurance it should also include information about receiving pension payments, does anyone have any idea about this issue, have I come to the right forum?I understand an agreement exists between Turkey and several countries relating to payments of pensions, however what if your pension consists of mostly premiums paid to this country's social security system?

I can't give you the number of contributions off the top of my head, that you have to make before you become eligible for a Turkish pension but I'll ask our accountant, he knows.

I'll be able to tell you for sure in 2022 when I should be entitled to my UK one or 2026 which is when the Turkish system says they will pay out. Being wildly optimistic I harbour hopes that I may be able to get both, but looking at it realistically I suppose the main aim of the reciprocal agreement between UK and Turkey is to stop that happening.

Guest Agamemnon

Sunny, to the best of my knowledge the current required number of days is about 5700ish, I'm a little over 1000 days shy of that figure, therefore I calculate in about 4 years I will be eligible to receive it. However, (yes there is always one of them) after a recent visit I have been informed that not only will I have to wait till 2020 but I have to be a (wait for it) Turkish citizen before I get a single kuruş. Can anybody confirm if this is true or not because after speaking with collegues who are in reciept of the pension they tell me they are not Turkish citizens! Just what is the truth?Fil, you can get two pensions, just use your head and keep the two agencies who pay the money in the dark, you paid two pensions so you should get two, yeah?

I know two Brit citizens, female, married to Turks and living in UK who claim to be receiving a Turkish pension.... are they telling the truth do you think... they are late fifties.Since I will be married to a Turk by the end oth this year and reside permanently in Turkey I am curious as to how I stand... Not something I have give a lot of thought to really...xxx

Guest Agamemnon

Meral , your pessimissim is duly noted, I hope that the population is still growing in 11 years time when I shall be waiting to collect!

Hi everyone,Sorry to drag this up but I have a question regarding my dad claiming a Turkish pension. He has lived and worked in the UK for the past 25 years or so but was born in Turkey and worked in Turkey before coming to the UK. Is he able to claim a Turkish pension along with the one he will receive from the UK? If so, how does he go about this?

I believe that if he goes to a SKG office where he was born they probably will be able to tell him how he will qualify. It will involve paying a large lump sum to make up for the missing payments.He will need to take his old SSK number if he has it and of course his kimlik and proof of having lived abroad.

Thanks for the reply!Sorry for my ignorance, SKG office, what's that? Also can my dad not get the answer by going to the Turkish Consulate in London for example?SSK number? Is that our equivalent of national insurance number as my dad was saying he needs to get something like that.