Fee for incoming money

Rate this topic

Does anybody know is there any fee for incoming euro/dollar from outside of the Turkey for person who has account inside Turkey? I know there is a fee for sender how about the receiver?

Also, is transferwise  secure?

Transferwise is highly recommended in the forums and other websites I visit. There's a fee for the sender. Some banks also charge a small fee for receiving the money. I bank with Yapıkredi and I think they charge like ten lira.

You can contact your bank to see how much they would charge. Sometimes they have a fixed rate, sometimes they charge a fixed amount. You can also check Transferwise to see how much they charge, just go to their website.

If I send a Canadian currency to Turkish bank account through Transferwise, does it transfer Canadian currency to Turkish currency into the Turkish bank account? Is there any way that I can transfer Canadian currency  to Canadian currency into the Turkish account?

I can convert it to Turkish currency and put it into your Turkish lira account. If you want Canadian dollars sent and if you want it to be in Canadian dollars when it arrives, you need to open a Canadian dollar account. Then have the money sent to that account.

Thanks Ken. If I send Canadian currency, does it convert to US dollar and then convert again in Canadian currency then goes into my Canadian currency account, or directly and without converting to US dollar?