Sign in to follow this  
kandj

Boat Trips From Bodrum

Rate this topic

We're staying around the Bodrum area for a week end of June/beginning of July and were wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a nice boat trip.

There are five of us (three teenagers) and all good swimmers, so it might be nice to go somewhere we might be able to dive off the boat (providing it then doesn't sail off without us!).

Not looking for anything too expensive (no private yacht type stuff) and I guess the teens might get a little huffy if there is anything too historical to take in (as they will all have finished exams and will doubtless want to tend to their badly bruised brain cells!).

I was going to add that somewhere picturesque would be good, but having been there a couple of times already it would be pretty hard to find somewhere that wasn't!

Any suggestions would be welcome, along with a rough price maybe.

I haven't been to the Bodrum area for a few years but I don't expect much has changed. I think you'll find that if you go down to most harbours in the area you'll find people ready to offer you a boat tour usually with lunch included for a few pounds per person. Because of the fierce competion prices are pretty low I think.

Thanks Sunny - we went down there earlier this year and saw the hundreds of boats. That's part of the problem I guess - so much choice of where to go and who to go with. But as you say, at least it's a buyers market.

I don't know in which part of Bodrum you're staying, but we booked our boat trip that time at Young Tours in Gumbet, located near the doctors post there.

What I remember, there are 2 different routes, but 1 of them depends on the weather, strong wind yes or no.

Did you consider a moonlight cruise? This is also arranged with more people on board, my wife and daughters loved it!

Boat, waves, moon, stars, and a barbecue.

Yes, my daughters went on that one. I don't remember the name anymore, but it has a glass bottom. He goes seawards at 22.00 or 23.00, and comes back at 05.00 in the morning.

Every hour some small boats are bringing guests back to the harbour.

Did you consider a day trip to Kos, Greece?

With normal ferry or the quick one, normal ferry takes 1 hour. That quick one takes 30 minutes, but big chance to get seasick. He goes at 08.30, as far I remember (sorry it's has been a while ago, maybe some changes) and 16.00 afternoon back.

Transfer from the hotel, one-way. Afternoon no transfer, but the bus station is not so far away from the harbour. Don't forget to take your passport with you, or identity card with visa. I advise you to take the normal ferry, we went on the other: my wife and one of our daughters were sick for 3 hours after arrival.

Thanks again for the info. Don't think we'll go to Kos this time. I think there are loads of things to do around Bodrum and the surrounding area and it seems a bit churlish to go to Turkey and then swan off to what is basically another country. :lol: Having said that, we have bought a place around Bodrum and will doubtless succumb to Kos at some time in the future - only not on the quick ferry, if it's as bad as you say. :D

From the 8 hours we were out, my wife and daughter spent 3 hours being sick.

Try Turgutreis market on Saturday, we booked also an adventure trip, combination of jeep safari and adventure.

I don't know if they still offer these trips, what I said already, it is a while ago since the last time we have been there. Anyway, enjoy your holiday!

Take the ferry to Datça! Departs at 9.00 in the morning arrives at 11.00. Departs from Datça at 17.00 and arrives back in Bodrum at 19.00. Datça is a very interesting place with lots of beautiful places (Eski Datça, and Mesudiye).