How long should a successful application take to process before receiving a card

Rate this topic

I attended the temporary residence interview on the 18th of August and received my Resident Permit Application Form at the conclusion of my interview.

How long does it typically take for a decision to appear in the Migration Management website?  I check the status of my application every day.  The website reports that my registration is "Under Assessment".  Does this website get updated immediately when a decision has been made either to approve or reject my application?

If my application gets approved how much longer after the approval appears does it take for the card to arrive?

I live in Antalya, and the last time I applied it took around 40 days for me to get the message that it had been approved and sent to the PTT (post office) for delivery. That was around 1 1/2 years ago. I've also heard of cases where it was just a week or two. I would assume that they update the status as soon as they approve your residence permit and send it to the PTT. It would be a logical part of the process to update the status when they approve it.

The last I heard, it can take up to 30 days for them to print the card after approval, but I've also heard of turnaround times which were much faster.

So the times vary widely, depending on how busy they are at the local office and also in Ankara.

As you probably know, your residence permit application form will keep you legal in Turkey until you get your card, and you can also travel outside of Turkey for up to 15 days and return without having to buy another visa.

Could someone check his/her submitted resident permit application status before sending documents or it will be appeared after that? I did not get any sms from istanbul goc to send my documents. While I check my status nothing is shown. Is it normal?

Yes on the online system. I called 157 they said due to the pandemic issues and heavy workload you should wait until getting message. It seems that before sending the documents it does not show anything

• 2 weeks later...

FYI 

Timeline of my application:-

Date of website submission completion 17/07/2020

Date of interview 18/08/2020 in Izmir

Date Status of Progress website changed from "Under Assessment" To "Delivered to PTT" 09/10/2020

Date Card delivered by PTT 12/10/2020 

My wife was able to receive the card on my behalf.

Thank you Ken Grubb and everyone else who provided advice during this process.

KenM