Will my short term visa application be cancelled if I leave Turkey for more than 15 days?

Rate this topic

I have my temporary residence permit application receipt on A4 paper which states I can leave Turkey for up to 15 days. I had to leave Turkey for family reasons and due to the incompetence of the airline I used to get back to Turkey, my time outside Turkey will exceed 15 days.
 I believe I need a new 90 day e-visa to re-enter Turkey. Is that true? 
Does this mean that my temporary residence application is now invalid?

Do I have to restart the application process?

The only effect being outside of Turkey for over 15 days will have on you is that you must get another e-visa to re-enter Turkey. That's all. Your temporary residence permit is still valid, and your application won't be canceled unless you miss your appointment.

Hi KenM ,then you cannot re enter after the 15 days with another tourist evisa or visa exemption without being out of Turkey for a minimum of 90 days.
Your only other option if the Passport/Immigration Polis on your return will allow is for you to ask for the Sartli Giris letter,which both you and they sign,where you can enter within the 90 days on the proviso that you make an RP application within 10 days. So as you'll already have an application in progress you'd be covered. If you've already had your interview and you're holding the İKAMET İZNİ BAŞVURU BELGESİ ÖRNEĞİ paper you should be ok,but it's all down to the fact if the Polis will allow you the Sartli Giiris form.

Thank you for your responses.  Here is my whole story.

I had been denied boarding in London Gatwick by EasyJet who maintained that my Residence Permit Application Form (Ikamet Izni Muracaat Belgesi) was not a valid substitute for a visa, despite it being explicitly described as such in English on the form.  After visiting EasyJet customer service they acknowledged that they were wrong and changed my booking to their next flight to Izmir, 3 days later and after my 15 day grace period had expired.

I went ahead and purchased a new e-visa.  Based on my bad experiences the previous time, I went to EasyJet customer service and sought confirmation that my travel documents would be accepted when I tried to board my flight at 06:10 the following morning.  EasyJet confirmed this and I was permitted to board the next day.  I presented my passport and e-visa at passport control in Izmir and passed through without incident.  However I was not satisfied that what I had done was totally legitimate so I went to the Goc Idaresi office the following day to have my passport, Residence Permit Application Form (Ikamet Izni Muracaat Belgesi) and e-visa checked.  The officials there confirmed that I had acted correctly.

I have one more question.  I will have to return to the UK again as my family issues are ongoing.  If my temporary residence is granted and I am issued with a card can my wife receive the card on my behalf if I am not in Turkey with her when it arrives?

It depends on the postman. I have received residence permits for a friend who was registered at our address whilst she was in the UK, but the postman knows us, he does not care who signs the form.I do not think it will be a problem as they are delivering it to the same address.

The same thing happened to me. In the past my residence permit was given to a neighbor, which was not supposed to happen! Officially, you would need someone with power of attorney to receive your card, but since it's your wife, that would be overkill I think. In the worst case scenario, if the postman doesn't leave it with your wife, it will be kept at the post office for a short time and then sent to the local DGMM, where you can go and get it. So I wouldn't worry about it.