Marriage Plans Time Scale?

Rate this topic

prpldrgn

Hi peeps, I have my CONI in my grubby paw, so here it goes the first of my questions, and i think probably one that has been asked before but i cant find it at the moment.

I am trying to plan my next trip out to get our marriage booked and sorted :)I know the procedure but for the perpose of planning the trip i need to know appox the time scale needed. I have friends wanting to attend and our plan is to get me out there first, then they come a few days later to attend the wedding as part of thier holiday.. eeek this quiet wedding is snowballing already ...i think I have it all:*Application to the relevant consulate in Turkey to initiate the formalities. *The certificate of no impediment and certificate of identity and nationality obtained from the relevant consulate to be authenticated by the local Governor office in Turkey *Application in person to the local marriage office together with the Turkish national to give notice of marriage, submit the certificates, complete necessary forms and fix a date for the marriage ceremony*blood testsWe are still not sure if we will marry in Istanbul or Marmaris where we first met. Which would have a shorter time scale in the planning stage, anyone know? We are presuming Istanbul as its my fiance's home town. I hate the fact thats its gonna be rushed when I land in Turkey, but work will only allow me to have to weeks off togther at one time :(anyone have any experience that would save time running to and fro from place to place? Can we get the blood tests done before the application to the marriage office for example?

Any advise /experiences on this would be very helpful guys :)

That's ok then...... I think what really is a very simple proceedure becomes something out of all proportion when you keep on reading about it...

I am totally relaxed about it all but you wait until I am doing my running around in a few weeks. Blistering heat, Izmir and in the middle of August. What are you wearing then Angi... have you got it all planned? Can't wait to see the pics..... xxxxxxx

That's ok then...... I think what really is a very simple proceedure becomes something out of all proportion when you keep on reading about it...

What are you wearing then Angi... have you got it all planned? Can't wait to see the pics..... xxxxxxx

LOL, yer I WAS totally relaxed until trying to pin down a flight and time scale and other people and and and ...... dam :)As for the dress, it was going to be jeans when it was just us, now it looks like the snowball has other plans LOL. I'd like to go trandionaly Turkish stylie if anything :)and now I been informed a trip to the In Laws before hand is on the cards. Men !! and they say its us girls that have the 'change of mind' gene lol

Hi AngiYour CONI......... have you obtained this from you local registrar office.........

I remember getting mine from my local one, it's valid for 6m I think............ I also remember having to take both my Decree absolute and the CONI to the British Consulate in Istanbul, it is there that they translated it into Turkish (for a fee I can't remember) I still have the document...... I also remember having to go back to collect it and our names were on the marriage board, along with everyone else's that was due to marry............ just like they do here in UK....... it's like having your bands posted for anyone to object.......... the names had to be shown for 3 weeks.......

We then took these papers along with my passport and evidence for my Hubby to the local Beledisyi office (registrar office) where we were to marry, they told us where to go for our blood tests.......... the Doctor there knew my MIL..... so we didn't have to have our bloods taken to didn't pay any fee either......... it's the same anywhere it's who you know not what you know......

We then went back to Registrar office with the certificate the Doctor had given us and set a date, we were told this date could be any time....

I think if you go over for a couple of weeks holls you should be able to make all the arrangements, then set a date for when you want to get married......... you will have to decide where you want to marry as it will probably be easier to make all the arrangements if your staying in the town or at least near it...... I also think you will have to go to the consulate to get your Divorce papers etc translated......... they are notarised at the consulate.....then your names are put on the board.......... obviously you don't have to stay in Turkey while you bands are up, but I'm sure it has to be done....

I have read somewhere about a English woman who got everything sorted here in UK, even had the papers translated and notarised at the Embassy in London, all done through the post........ she commented on how easy everything had been.....

I'll try and find the thread and get back to you.......

As for your wedding dress, I had mine made in Turkey

Thanks ladies..................

The usual in Turkey for important photo's is to go to one of the many thousands of photo shops where they also have studios, you can get any sort of pic taken from passport/ID to your engagement/wedding ones'...........

We had the actual wedding creamery videoed, then went along in all our wedding attire to the photo shop, (we had first made the appointment)........ they get you to stand in front of plain white backdrop, then have you in all sorts of poses......... you later go back to see your pics and get to choose which backgrounds you want adding............

I found it just fantastic, they were so good I couldn't believe the quality, I even commented, how the guy could make a fortune in UK doing this sort of buisness........ we were only planning on buying 2/3 pics but when I saw them I wanted them all..........plus extra for the family..here are a couple more

i had my non imped from uk - which has no time limit on it unlike scot or welsh one i think and i already have a residency book so paid at izmir consul and then had it stamped by another gov official in the city - went home had blood test done on same day and results- really just to confirm blood type- went to reg office to discuss dates and name changes if u want to keep yours or get double barrelled etc paid 50 lira for wedding bk set date and that was that- could have done in 2 weeks if we were organised. we got married at a weekend n gave her cash in hand as we felt it right but she didnt ask for it. but its all small village here and i found it easier than expected due to no rush of brides to her office door that week!!ask is a translator needed or not- she never mentioned it as she presumed my turkish was good enough- was sobut may be different in bigger cities:-)

we didnt have a party yet as my family couldnt make it this time and we are trying to arrange a date for parties......its about money though too in the end and thats an issue for us.....ive started looking for dresses and have advertised on my local forum for a second hand dress....worth a shot.....i havent seen one nice tasteful bride here so far but im out in the sticks......but they spent a fair bit on them......what i did see was one smiling bride though on saturday...thats rare...they are normally too nervous or not wanting to upset thier mothers by smiling too much that they are fleeing the nest! the one we went to 2 weeks ago took 2 hrs to get to and we walked through 4 fields to get to it. my dress was dirty and scratches on my ankles from wheat n wheveter else i walked though at dusk....not to mention whilst trying to get rid of mossies as one villager had pored a load of tobacho like colone over me head as she said im new bride too and i needed breaking in.........yes i asked if its a tradition n none of the family commented!....uhm maybe i was had!so any dress ideas......thats worth a look at- back to more positive things

• 4 months later...

ask is a translator needed or not- she never mentioned it as she presumed my turkish was good enough- was sobut may be different in bigger cities:-)

No translator was needed in the office in Istanbul we married in as the registra spoke perfect english :lol:However, I did need to get my passport translated and the translation stamped at a cost of 45YTL so pays to check if the office you intend to marry at wants this.

Hi AngiYour CONI......... have you obtained this from you local registrar office.........

I remember getting mine from my local one, it's valid for 6m I think............ I also remember having to take both my Decree absolute and the CONI to the British Consulate in Istanbul, it is there that they translated it into Turkish (for a fee I can't remember) I still have the document...... I also remember having to go back to collect it and our names were on the marriage board, along with everyone else's that was due to marry............ just like they do here in UK....... it's like having your bands posted for anyone to object.......... the names had to be shown for 3 weeks.......

We then took these papers along with my passport and evidence for my Hubby to the local Beledisyi office (registrar office) where we were to marry, they told us where to go for our blood tests.......... the Doctor there knew my MIL..... so we didn't have to have our bloods taken to didn't pay any fee either......... it's the same anywhere it's who you know not what you know......

We then went back to Registrar office with the certificate the Doctor had given us and set a date, we were told this date could be any time....

I think if you go over for a couple of weeks holls you should be able to make all the arrangements, then set a date for when you want to get married......... you will have to decide where you want to marry as it will probably be easier to make all the arrangements if your staying in the town or at least near it...... I also think you will have to go to the consulate to get your Divorce papers etc translated......... they are notarised at the consulate.....then your names are put on the board.......... obviously you don't have to stay in Turkey while you bands are up, but I'm sure it has to be done....

I have read somewhere about a English woman who got everything sorted here in UK, even had the papers translated and notarised at the Embassy in London, all done through the post........ she commented on how easy everything had been.....

I'll try and find the thread and get back to you.......

As for your wedding dress, I had mine made in Turkey