Buses from Izmir Bus Station to Cesme Port

Rate this topic

Hi, My usual research skills have failed to turn up what I need so I'm hoping for help from the forum. Are there buses from Izmir Bus Station to Cesme Port where the ferries to Chios go (when they're running of course)? I've looked at all the companies I can think of but am getting no information. I'm after a website, timetable and price. Thanks in advance.

Try the website for the company that runs the İzmir bus station. You can select your destination, select a bus company, and the time range for when you want to leave. I see there's only one bus company that appears, called "Çeşme Seyahat." Looks like they have a bus departing for Çeşme every 40 minutes.

http://www.izotas.com.tr/

Thanks Ken, I used the link you gave. Am I correct in understanding that if I put in the destination I want (Cesme) it tells me the time the buses depart from the Izmir Bus Terminal and the platform? Meral I had a look at the website you gave me and saw it was one I discovered earlier today. Then as now it doesn't show bus times for their Izmir to Cesme routes, or allow you to book, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I just checked the Çeşme Seyahat website also. It looks like for the Bilet Satın Al (Buy a Ticket), they don't even mention the Izmir bus station.

I don't know that you can buy one of these tickets online. When I lived in Çeşme I bought tickets from that company going from Çeşme to Izmir, but when I did that, I would call the Çeşme Seyahat office and reserve a seat, then pay in cash at the company's kiosk at the bus station. Also, whenever I've traveled by bus from the main stations, I've never bought a ticket online. I just go to the bus station, find a company with a bus going where I'm going, buy the ticket in cash, and wait until the next bus leaves. There's usually a bus leaving every 30 or 40 minutes anyway.

So if you can't buy a ticket online, you can just go to the Izmir bus station and buy a ticket there, and at most wait 40 minutes for the next bus.

Thanks for this info Ken. I forgot to ask how long the bus takes between Izmir Bus Station and Cesme. I am researching for a trip to Chios when it's possible, so I'd actually be going from the bus station to the port/harbour.

It should take a little over an hour, but allow one and a half hours to be on the safe side. When I went from Izmir to Çeşme I never went from the Izmir bus station, I went to a terminal on the Çeşme side of the city. As I recall that took around 50 minutes from there, because once you get out of Izmir, it's a mostly a straight highway to Çeşme. The bus makes a couple of stops on the outskirts of Çeşme. Then it goes to a bus stop in the middle of town, then it goes to a Migros grocery store which is the end of the route and the main bus station of Çeşme. See the map:

You can see from the map how close it is to the harbor. Move the map down a little so you can  see the long pier where it says "Çeşme TR-Chios GR," that's the ferry port.

You're right Göreme, the website isn't up to scratch!  As Ken says, you can buy a ticket at the Izmir bus terminal as buses do generally go every 30 to 40 minutes, or phone them for same.  I haven't used the route for almost 2 years so there may be some "viral" changes. 

If you're planning to return via the same route, be sure to make a phone booking for the Çeşme-Izmir leg as it's often crowded during tourist season.  But if you want to go straight back to Istanbul, other bus companies such as Ulusoy, Kamil Koç or Metro depart from Çeşme direct (so you won't have to change buses at Izmir on the way).  Hope this helps...

The telephone number for the Cesme bus station is (232) 7126499.