Lonesome Cowboy

FreeDos laptop

Rate this topic

I am appealing to members with computer knowledge. I need a new laptop and have found that not all computers have Windows installed. To reduce the cost they are being sold with only FeeDos installed. There is a way to install Windows at low cost but as I have never done this before I am looking for advice on the process.

Hi Kid, the trouble with a cheap version of Windows here is that it's likely to be a pirate or hacked version and will give trouble in the long run. This isn't going to answer your question specifically but I was in a similar position last year but the laptop I bought already had a version of Windows installed that started the first time I started the computer and then wanted to update itself. It was an Acer computer from Hepsiburada.com. Unfortunately I was such a cheapskate that the computer had insufficient memory to load the updates so on my desktop computer I downloaded and and made an installation USB pen drive for the latest version of Linux Mint. I'd used it many times before so I knew what I was doing and it's working very well. I've never tried FreeDos but I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to learn.

Hey there, I'm not great with computers but I've managed to build one without it exploding so here I go.

You can get a 16gb USB stick (you really only need about 8 or 9 gb), head to the official windows website and download the boot drive which is the installation and transfer it to your usb drive, usually you just pop that right in your computer and wallah free legit not pirated windows. It seems hard but it really isn't honestly, windows shows you as well

That's a good bit of information Omer, that answers Lonesome Cowboy's question perfectly thank you, I might try that myself too.