Paying Car Tax In Bodrum

Rate this topic

This is relatively straightforward.

You pay tax here on the 1st Jan and the 1st July, depending on the size of your car, the bill gets higher every year and this year it flew up. If you have bought a car, especially if it is second hand, make sure there is no outstanding tax debt on the car BEFORE YOU HAND OVER A PENNY.

You will have been to the tax office to get your tax number before, so go back to the same place and as soon as you go through the door, straight ahead with a sign over it is M.

V.

T.

Give the guys your ownership book, and ask them to check the vehicle tax is ok. Do this because I recently enquired and found the dealership i bought it from screwed it up and never paid the first tax from 3 years ago, to which i flame-threw them for. They were sorry and fixed it in a day. How quite i paid tax all this time and no one mention it was beyond me. So do check it because they do make mistakes.

Once you have determined your bill for the car for the year, you can either the full year or the 6 months and then pay 6 months later again. Then just take your ownership book to the cashier who enters the car plate number, prints out the payment, hands it to the next guy and you pay it.

Also don't be tempted to pay it online, I did the first time and the bank sent it to the tax office in Mugla, boy was that a job and a half tracking that money down and trying to explain it.

If you don't pay on time they do charge interest, its not much but they will start upping it soon as so many are taking the mickey.

Keep all receipts......

If you google vehicle tax calculator, it will tell you how to pay and the price.

If you don't want to pay lots of tax it's advisable to only buy a car up to 1600cc.

I always take my car papers to the bank and pay the tax over the counter.