Now back in Antalya

Rate this topic

Last week left our Mersin apartment on Thursday afternoon headed to our new place in  Antalya.  We drove half way and stopped at a hotel where there were only two other guests.
On the way to Antalya we went past some of the biggest greenhouses I have seen - used for growing bananas.
We arrived at Antalya on the Friday afternoon - to another hotel as our furniture and goods were not due to arrive at the new apartment until Saturday morning.

The removal company decided that because access was limited they needed three more men to do the job so we paid for that.
Everything was in and furniture assembled by late afternoon and we spent some hours unpacking. We also got the internet connected and air conditioning installed.

Sunday was more unpacking and haircuts for me and the boys.
We have been having takeaway food delivered as we don't yet have the gas connected.
Sunday evening I listened to a lecture a friend was giving on Zoom "Listening to the Underverse: Gravitational-Wave Astronomy"
My wife has ordered many curtains.

It was rather hot over the weekend, reaching 41°C on Sunday, down to 37°C today, so we found that more air conditioning was needed, that has now been fitted.

We have been sorting out out the natural gas supply and still need to as residents of Antalya. We have to complete our registration here as Antalya is a different province to Mersin, the process takes a few days, but once finished and we have our new ID cards I will be automatically registered with the Turkish state health system. As I am married to a Turkish citizen I qualify for free treatment, though I do have to pay for prescriptions.

Still have lots of unpacking to do, but feeling rather exhausted..

Well done Pete, hope you enjoy living in Antalya. No doubt when Ken gets back he will get together with you. Güle güle otursunuz as they say.