Customs Cost

Rate this topic

This is a small part of the list I'm thinking of shipping to Bodrum. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to know approx. how much should I expect to be charged by customs upon retrieval. 1- Synthesizer Yamaha S90 ES - Year Bought -20062- Computers bought 20052- Flat computer monitors 20052- Laptops bought 20081- HP 2410 Printer1- Refrigerator 2007 tx ed

You didnt say how big the shipment was?

I came over and shipped a 40 foot container - full.

Cost me about 5.5k all in including banderol for tv and stereo but it was 185euro for a 14 inch colour tv - its not cheap.

As far as i know you are only allowed 1 computer so if they see 2 customs usually dont like it.

I had two very old monitors in my stuff and they were not happy at all when they found them.

I would say contact who ever is receiving the shipment on this side for you, mine were superb.

I sent over about 15 pages of a list of stuff and they reduced it to 3 for customs.

Laptops - i would bring over in hand luggage when you next visit - loads do it.

This is a small part of the list I'm thinking of shipping to Bodrum. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to know approx. how much should I expect to be charged by customs upon retrieval. 1- Synthesizer Yamaha S90 ES - Year Bought -20062- Computers bought 20052- Flat computer monitors 20052- Laptops bought 20081- HP 2410 Printer1- Refrigerator 2007 tx ed

Dear Ed,It is quite difficult to tell how much you would be expected to pay. It all depends on how much these items are going to be valued by customs examination officer. If the value of goods are below EURO 1500, you should be able to bring them in without paying any tax. However if you go over that amount, then you will have to pay tax on them as your goods will be subjected to temporary import permission. This is calculated by looking at the individual value of each item. However what you pay as tax for temporary import, you get it back when you leave the country. If you want further information on Temporary Import Permission, please let me know.

Best regards,Taner

• 1 month later...

Do not import any of your goods into Turkey as you will be ripped off, the tax is horrendous, the agents fees are very steep, also be prepared to spend days and i mean days at the port of entry going to countless different offices paying for you dont know what. Dont believe that you recieve your money back when you leave Turkey it just does not happen, just ask for one persons name and ask them. I know this to be true as i have brought my own goods here from the UK. Like a idiot my brother did the same 2 years later and it had got worse.

Even Though you employ a agent you have to do most of the work yourself countless signing in different offices and backhanders.

Welcome to our friendly forum Raglasher,I'm sorry that you and your brother had a bad time moving your goods over to Turkey. When we moved we had no trouble at all and I know others who didn't either. Maybe you could tell us who the company concerned are so that people might thing twice about using them. I don't know anything about problems getting your money.

Maybe you could go to the Meet and Greet section and introduce yourself as we like to be aware of new members and say hello. :)