Deportation

Rate this topic

karen47

i just read all this today- my heart goes out to u.....bad vibes...i would want to change my scene n even if u lose money u wont lose your sanity. i saw the exorcism of emily rose last night-- dont suppose that woman is possessed eh?

JOKE ....but i had a scizophrenic flat mate who frankly drove me insane. i was so stressed and in one year i was doagnosed with cancer at 19......i had to leave the flat and my whole life n uni etc as sometimes bad breeds right n i never spoke to her again as she even laughed when i had said i wasnt feeling well before diagnosis.....negativity can breed it seems the situation never got better while she was around..... when u can get away. let them rot! harsh words but lives with nothing in common should not be lived close by.....oh that sounds like advice.....im not normally any good at it but......hey i have nothing against scizophrenics- cant spell - she was just plain bad and happened to be ill too.

The lady was teaching in, I think it was Sudan, and asked her class what name they should give to a teddy bear she had brought to class. The most popular name was Mohammed so that's what they called it but one/some of the children told their parents about it and someone reported her to the police as being blasphemous and insulting the prophet. She was arrested and brought to trial and sentenced to imprisonment ( and maybe lashes,can't remember).

The British government used a bit of diplomatic pressure /bargaining and she was released and deported after a short period in prison.

• 3 weeks later...

hi folks,It has been 8 weeks now since we went to london to apply for the visa!!needless to say we still do not have any word back from them!!we emailed a few weeks ago and they said they have applied to the turkish ministry, and it is just a case of waiting!!a second eamail we sent last week has not been answered!! mabe good news!!?? haha.fingers crossed!!will keep you updated on this.

Thanks for the update. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you. :lol:

• 1 month later...

hi folks just a quick up date. :argue2[1]: 14 weeks later!!!!!!!! stilll no visa.. we dont seem to be able to find any way of finding out what is going on.

The embasy don't even answer the emails we send then.. What is wrong with this country!!!!????????

It seems to me he will have to wait a year. to get clearence to go back.in the mean time these people get away with disrupting our lives so much!!ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :help[1]::o

First of all, why do you need a visa from the Consulate (not Embassy, Karen - they don't deal with visa issues)? Why can't you just fly to Turkey and buy your tourist visa as everyone else does? What you want to know is if you have clearance to do that now. There are only two ways to do that (1) go in person to the Turkish Consul in London with your passport and any other relevant documents. Look at their opening times which should be on their website. (2) Fly to Turkey with a cheap carrier like Easyjet so if you don't get in you won't have wasted too much money. The second method might cause you to raise your eyebrows but I am telling you what I would do in your shoes.

Sorry to hear that nothing has been resolved yet. :argue2[1]:Someone posted yesterday who are dealing with the Turkish Consulate and was told to ring back in 3 weeks as this is their holiday period, so I guess they must be short staffed.

Anyway don't lose heart.

hi ben, It was the Consulate we applied to. It was the right place we went to.below is the reply we got on friday, after 15 weeks .

He has already tried going in for a holiday visa, he got it but they never let him in the country when the passport was checked! so they put him back on the same plane home.. and yes it was very embarrassing to say the least!! as they send over the police and take you away.and I was stuck in Turkey for 2 weeks as I had to sort a few things out with the bank and bill's.

I went back then to see the judge and told him what had happened, and he assured me once agian that he would be able to re-enter the country, and sent another fax to Ankera stating that he was deported illegaly. and should be allowed to return.

But he had to apply for a re-entry visa!

We are not thugs or irresponsible people, My partner works in India, and is in charge of a lot of men in his department on an oil rig.

I have recently sold a pub and b&b in the heart of England, which I ran very successfully for 10 years.

So we are not stupid people!

I guess it's just a waiting game now.

I will let you all know the final out come ..take care -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear Mr. XXXXXX, Unfortunately we are still waiting respond from the Ministry as we informed you earlier. I will contact you as soon as I receive their respond. Kind regards,Deniz KARAKOCVisa OfficerTurkish Consulate GeneralLondon

What a palaver! I hope that all this will be resolved soon for you. :)

• 1 month later...

still no word!.

I am coming to turkey on wednesday. and i am not going home till i get some answers.

I have lost all my faith in this country.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

DEEP BREATH!!!

We have a feeling he will have to wait the full year before being allowed back.. as Turkey being Turkey. The paper work to get him back early would be so much. and they just cant be bothered!

They will not even tell us anything. If I get any response this week I will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

hi again,just an up date on this. we now have a letter from the court dated july, to say it is all over and he is not guilty!!woopee!!the man in question had no witness and the doctors report he had said there was no sign of an attack!!and there is no case to answer to.but this being turkey my partner is still no wiser at how to get back into the country.now we have illegaly deported and now this!!the embassy in london replied right away this time when we emailed them and they said they would try and help!!but still we will not hold our breaths.this has now been 10 months..gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr(im keeping calm,,, im keeping calm) lolthanks for all the support from this site. and believing my side of the story.

• 7 months later...

hi folksAn update for you all.

I had lost the link for the web site.

My husband got back to Turkey in dec 2010.

YIPEE!!!

It was a hard struggle but he got back!we found out he had been deported for 2 years!!for doing nothing.

These crazy people are still crazy.

We have been to court twice and the out come will be later this year.

Our lawyer said it is looking good for us so fingers crossed. these people said they had a witness.she came to court but was not good for them as she said i never done anything but said my partner beat up the man, which was a lie as he had no marks on his body, no sign of an attack and he was cleared of assault in july!!

This is because they said we entered their home!poooooooooooowill let you all know the outcome.so fingers crossed.

Hi Karen I was wondering how it was all going. I just hope that you don't have to wait too long before you hear back from the courts.

Glad to hear that hubby is back in Turkey.

Will certainly keep every thing crossed for you both :lol::)