Deportation

Rate this topic

Please can anyone help us? We have made a new life in turkey. MY partner got deported from Turkey in november last year, we had a dissagreement with some neighbours.

they went to the police and made up some story about us beating them up, (which we never).. but the police would not listen to us, i only never got deported as i have my residency for turkey. we were being nice to these people trying to see why they were not talking to us and they went crazy, when they would not listen to us, my partner did threaten to "knock his block off" . they kept shouting and the man was right in my partners face as he done so. they told the police that he had tried to chop of his head!!! this man had a fall off his push bike a couple of weeks before and is trying to say his injuries were caused by my partner! his wife aparently had brusies on her legs and arms and blamed me, she said i kicked her and punched her and pulled her hair, Now!. I cant kick anything as i have had operation's to my big toes, they have pins in them and are very sensative to touch!! and we dont have a mark on us at all!! I swear we did not touch them!! and if we had beat them up they would have ended up in hospital in a very bad state.

These people are a little crazy!!!, we have paid a lot of money to get p.o.a for the lawyer to find out what is happening. but this is taking some time,

I am at my wits end abut this whole thing can anyone please help!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the Judge gave you a 10 month suspended sentence and a suspended fine, it suggests that the case was not thrown out of court and actually you were convicted... You should get the written judg

Karen, I have put some thought into this matter and whilst Kaspaul got the 10 month bit wrong I do agree with what he had written. Yes I can understand that it is possible to take it the other way an

If the consulate was unable to help you, I really don't know what to suggest adam other than telling your story to a Turkish lawyer but I don't hold out much hope. You can see from this thread how dif

I would wonder if anybody saw what was happening from a nearby balcony. In my case I was jumped once and ended up in quite a fight. Even though the attacker was from the place where it happened, and everybody knew him, nobody would identify him. So I don't know if anybody would come forward and say anything, but it's worth a try. Bruises heal in stages over time, and photographs can show when a bruise occurred by its development and coloration. Same with other wounds. Yet I doubt the police took any photos, which would be standard procedure elsewhere.

Does anybody else have knowledge of the accident and the injuries sustained in that? Hopefully the lawyer will be able to get the real story. Sounds to me like there are a lot of leads here that someone could follow up.

Welcome to the forum Karen47, sorry to hear about your problems. Have you been in touch with the British Consulate, not sure where you live as to which would be the nearest to you.

You say that having a Residence Permit saved you from being deported, well I am sure that at the end of the day if the police felt you had committed a serious offence it wouldn't, so it would seem that they weren't too worried about what your neighbours said about you.

I really hope that things get sorted out for you :)

I agree with Abi and Baykus that you should get in touch with the consulate and, as Ben says, try to see if there were any witnesses to the incident who would be willing to go to the police although that might be difficult as most Turks (if they are Turkish) are reluctant to get involved with the police.

hi everyone, and thanks for the support. and help.

First of all can i say the these people are "English!!!" like ourselfs!! and just a few years older than us , in there mid 50's... THEY ARE THE TYPE OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE DIFFERENT FRIENDS EVERY WEEK.. but dont keep them very long as they always fall out with them for some silly reason... you know the kind!!!??

There are no witnesses.

We did get in contact with the consulate in Antalya, but they were of little help. but they were really nice. there was little they could do but tell us to get a lawyer and find out which hospital he went to after his accident on the push bike.

So hope we can find out easily. if not we have to go to court to find out!!

Today I spoke with my turkish friend who translates for us, the lawyer has papers from the court just today, my partner has not been charged, but he was put out of the country because the man was badly injured??????? But we did not even touch him, but was able to drive his car etc,, I dont have any more informatin till i go over and see the lawyer on MondayI will let you know how we get on.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN LIVING ABROAD. ANYWHERE!!

THIS HAS BEEN A HARD LESSON, FROM NOW ON WHEN SOMEONE IGNORES US WE ARE GOING TO LET THEM!!!

WE STILL CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO US. YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK AT THE TEDDYBEAR STORY TO SEE HOW IT CAN ALL GO SO WRONG, SO FAST.!!!

Hi Karen,Welcome to our friendly forum ! :welcome: I'm very sorry to hear of the unfortunate things that have happened to you and your husband (at the hands of your own countrymen no less!). What I find hard to understand is that the police have deported your husband on the strength of the other person's unproven allegations, which at best are very circumstantial, from what you say.

We have a set of Turkish neighbours who have chosen never to speak to us, who also don't speak to other neighbours, including their own close relatives ! I've heard a lot of gossip, including that they were the main reason for the former owners of our house selling up to move. I think it's best we keep things as they are and just ignore them, as I never want to have to regret getting to know them. :thmbdn[1]: Karen, is there no way for your husband to be allowed back into Turkey ? I'm sorry can't be of more practical help, but I I do hope your lawyers can work it out for you ! Good luck ! :)

hi all, I have just heard back from the turkish consulate tonight.they have told us to ask for a ... Police Clearence report from Turkey. They never said how we could go about getting this or gave any other information, Its like hitting your head of a brick wall!!! I think the person that took them to the police has an uncle high up on in the police force, and we all know what they are like!!ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr These people are the same, they have 4 children back home. but not one of them have come to visit in the 5 years they have beeen in Turkey... not once have they had any friends over. (but i do know they donot have any from home as they have already told us they kept themselves to themselves) we have people over all the time (as we used to own a pub we have many friends, some of which have also bought property over there too)I think they had it all planned for some time, As he shouted to my husband I will get you put out of this country tomorrow!!!!sorry to bore you all..

I think that those injuries will probably be the key to this, filing a false complaint is illegal in just about any country I would think, not to mention the potential of a lawsuit in a civil court. If he sustained visible injuries in the accident and can be attributed to that accident, then if he displayed those same injuries to the police and lied about their cause, well, that would be a rather compelling case on your part.

I agree with Meral; it sounds all a bit fishy to me. They tend to deport people here who have REALLY done something bad (and usually to a Turkish person or persons) or for illegal working! Having a sort of 'domestic' type spat with another Brit doesn't sound anything like grounds to me (and I have spoken to a Turkish lawyer friend about this). Sorry if I have missed this but - do you have a good Turkish lawyer? A good one would find holes in this case for sure and another thing - how long is the deportation order for? The ones I have heard of are usually for a year and they let the person back in after that.

Finally - sorry to go way off point here - what exactly was the operation for? Bunions? I am having a similar op this summer and with some kind of metal screw but I am surprised you haven't had them taken out again? They shouldn't leave them in as far as I have heard.

off the subject,, lolit was for bunions, i got them done a couple of years ago, one is really good and the other is not so good..,but they are much better than they were, I have 3 pins in each big toe, they dont take them back out unless you have a problem with them.but your toes tend to be a litttle over sensitive afterwards. lol.and if you do hit anything with your big toes, you know about it!!! lolhense the reason i would not kick anything!!!on subject againI have an appointment with the lawyer on monday, to see where we go from here. Hope he is good, the first thing he came up with is there was no legal translation for any of our statments, at the police station the night it happened.it was only friends that translated.

We should be able to get his hospital report for his accident, this will not be the end of this. We will be taking it further.

I should have said his wife had a stroke about 7 years ago... (she is really weird!!! could this be brain dammage?)everyone that knows them always make excuses for her because of this.saying that she seems to have made a full recovery outwardly,Thanks againi was starting to think i was going mad!!let you know how i get on on mondayxx

Yes, really good luck! I do feel for you; one reads about these things as you say - like the Teddy Bear woman - and one never dreams it could happen to us...but..

And thank you for kindly answering my question:) I am having a bunion (second time on same foot!!) op in summer in the UK and also the toe next to it!

hi again,im sorry to bother you all again,but it helps just to write this down,JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU ARE GETTING SOME WHERE!!!!i GOT STOPPED GOING THROUGH PASSPORT CONTROL!!

They have cancelled my residency visa?does anyone know why they would do this?they dont seem to be interested in our side of the story!!!

All these people have done is lie, they have no witnesses or anything, so why is this happening?they took me to the interview room at Antalya airportthe usual not telling me whats going on or why, I was really scared, I thought i was going to get sent out the country or arrested ,, they eventually let me in on a holiday visa but i have to go to the police station in alanya. But they never told me what for,, im so scared now,I will go and see the lawyer on monday first though and see if he can find out why, i will aslo fone the british consulate, she might be able to find out what is going on . but i dont hold me breath.

I will let you know how i get on ,,,thanks for the suport all,xx

Sorry to hear that your problems seem to be getting even worse. I agree with Abi's suggestions about taking your lawyer with you and updating the consul.

What ever you do at the police station DO NOT lose your cool no matter how frustrating it is and don't swear at them. That will only make your plight worse. Smile and try to make friends with them and say nice things about Turkey.

I wish you good luck.

thanks for the advice,It turns out that we can still get charged, the only thing is.

I found out today is that the man has been to court last week, he has told everyone it was for his accident, and he has won his case, so surely we should be able to use this against him.

Also on his statment he is claiming my partner tried to kill him, (he said i'll knock your block off if you speak to me like that again) it has been translated as ."I will chop your head off)this is why he has been deported!!but this is all hear say, with no proof?

I will phone the consulate tomorrow before i go to the police station,I have a lot to do before i go home so i dont want to take the chance of getting put out the country.

Welcome Karen47 and I am so sorry to have read your post, I am wondering why the police didnt investigate this properly , of course im not asking you to answer this , im thinking out aloud! Had the mans injuries occured several weeks ago then it would be clear to any examiner even to the untrained eye that they were old injuries in the process of healing, even if the man tried to open up the injuries to make them look fresh there would be clear evidence of the wounds healing around the edges !, same for bruises, they discolour as they heal.

As much as i hate to admit this money talks and i hope money didnt exchange hands to get the police to look the other other way!!! I do hope your lawyer brings thing up when he is investigating this case in the fact that evidence was not looked into properly .

I would definately bring in the court case about his accident this has to be the best defence possible if your layer can get a copy of the case esp that he has won damages for his injuries he received as they will al be documented !!! I wish you my best wishes and i truely this gets sorted and stand strong dont back down, stand by your guns and i hope your lawyer fights your case.

I know all to well about translations being changed because the interpretor cannot make sense of some things that are said they change it so it to them it does make sense. This happened at my husband's visa interview and changed the whole concept of a sentance .

Anyway i hope this mans' court papers for his accident can be got hold of and then at least the assault side of the report can be sorted . As for the threats and the mis-interpretatons just hang in on there.

Sorry I can't say much more but GOOD LUCK, we are all rooting for you.

Gosh yes, I agree with Toasty. But of course he would shie away from putting anything on record that could be held against him!

Abi - which planet are you living on?:)The Teddy Bear story was plastered all over the news; a middle aged British woman had been given a teaching job in the Sudan which is a Muslim country. She was teaching very small children and asked the children what name they should give a toy bear. One little boy suggested the name of the Prophet and it was reported and she was jailed because of a perceived insult to Islam. It took some real political/diplomatic muscle to free her. I hope I got these details correct:)Sunny is so right; after living for years in the USSR I know very well how important it is to be nice to officials, even if THEY are rude and unpleasant. I also agree that money talks in Turkey - I have proof of that and it is one of the third-world aspects of this country but if we like the pluses then we simply have to put up with that as the Turks do themselves. I learned that too in Russia which is far worse.

You may remember a poor German teenager got jailed for months and months because a 13 year old British girl accused him of sexual assualt. It took ages to get this poor boy transferred to a German jail and it was obviously a put-up accusation and it lead to real political unpleasantries. In the end I believe he got freed and transferred to a German jail where hopefully soon after he was freed. This was a really harrowing story and I was living in Germany a the time where there are over 3 million Turks so you can imagine it caused resentment.

It is another example of how things can go wrong here. Although everything seems so democratic and tolerant...scratch the surface....

In the German case the boy's MP was contacted. I advised someone to do this in a visa refusal case and it worked. Have you thought about writing to your MP?btw..these things usually happen in resorts for some reason. The German boy was a tourist in Antalya. But I am sure we're not immune from it in the cities!

I would ask about a refund on your residency permit too - they are not cheap those things.sorry about the rest of your story too - they sound like absolute nutters.

Just me thinking aloud too - i read some more of it.

Surely if the guy has won some sort of court case about an accident etc there has to be evidence to support such a claim which your lawyer should be able to access. But i was also thinking if there is evidence to support this then there must also be some sort of medical record of the event too, either hospital or doctors records. Crikey my mrs sued a factory for rsi in uk and the took every doctors record and hospital one they could find - yeah i know its turkey.

If common sense is so common how come its not free???