Empty Recipe Section!

Rate this topic

Sunny

This must be the only forum where nobody has posted a recipe - you all can't be like me and not like cooking and even I am open to suggestions for easy meals with ingredients that you can find here in Turkey. :huh:

Yes I need to find a few and post them to get things started...

One thing about living single in Turkey, easy meal recipes would be appreciated! Easy, ready-made foods aren't necessarily easy to find in Turkey, they have quite a strong family system so typically someone grows up with their mother's cooking, then they get married, and the wife starts cooking! Not like the US when people normally go to college, join the military, get some other job, or get kicked out of the nest! :huh:

Absolutely Great! The job's yours Greg. Ben has got it all set up and ready to go. :D:clap2[1]::clapping[1]: First question - When can you start? :D

The cookery corner sounds like a great idea ! I'm sure members would love the chance to pick up on culinary tips !

Also, there must be members out there with lots of experience already, who may like to share their culinary tips or divulge their "secret" recipes or family favourites with other members. "Handy kitchen hints" could perhaps be a subsection of this forum ? :clapping[1]::clap2[1]:

Oooo! I'm in for this:)) Sunny, why don't you like cooking? I had a horrific diet for months and months before my competition during which I was restricted to eggwhites and fat-free protein powder! After that I decided to give up the sport and eat what I liked! Now much fatter and unfitter I miss those days and decided to build some muscle in 2009 and return to the sport in 2010. That's a long winded way to get to my point which is ..

I would like to contribute to a cooking part of the forum - want to contribute my bodybuilding-type recipes...which are hopefully high in protein..high in vitamins and minerals..and low in fat and carbs! A bit difficult in Turkey but it is possible. I made a very good chicken dinner this evening I want to share!

Sorry, where was the recipes section?:D

For the recipe section BenH , its at the top of the page with other sections headings like sudoku and pictures etc.

Why don't I like cooking? You mean, besides being lazy? Well to get anything really nice takes too long and some of the things I like Husband doesn't eg curries and stir fry. All my favouite foods like sausages,bacon, chips, butter,cream etc I'm not supposed to eat cos of cholesterol. Good meat is difficult to find. I do eat veggies but not a great lover of them so it doesn't inspire me to cook them, although when one of my Turkish neighbours cooks them they taste good(but not so good when I try to copy her) :( .

All my cook books assume I live in the UK for ingredients, so do magazines so when they mention some strange (to me) ingredient I don't know how vital it is to the finished dish.

I wish I could stock up my freezer with ready made meals - I think that's about the only thing I really miss about the UK.

If it wasn't for bringing Marmite over I'd be stuck for breakfast!

Love to hear about your chicken dinner,if you'd like to share it with us. (esp. if it took less than half an hour to prepare :lol: ) I believe cargo from Istanbul to Cesme isn't expensive! :hysterical[1]: Actually, I have another neighbour who prepares a weeks supply of meals, packs them in plastic tubs and she does send them by cargo to her daughter in Istanbul.

I like naughty foods too and my big fat Vietnamese pot belly shows it:)))At this time I don't want to diet but want to get more toned and put on more quality muscle so I will be devising high protein recipes and anything tasty I will pass on:)I totally agree with you about the food choices here. A Turkish friend told me the lack of choices, not just in food but in other products and items, is due to high import tax and this government. She said it was better under the last government. Sunny, you were here in those times so maybe it is true or not?

Yes, I like Marmite and Bovril too! And numerous other goodies unobtainable here:(I also agree that good meat is really hard to find but my trainer says he knows a good butcher who can supply fat-free bodybuilder type meat!

When I was training last year, despite living in a country with better food choices I was restricted to a kind of chicken/tuna and rice kind of diet. So out of habit and necessity my recipes will be based around that oh..and maybe eggwhites! I can write a book about those!

Well the chicken one is rather like a stir-fry in that I don't have an oven in this house so everything is made on the gas hob. I don't believe that one needs an oven except for bakery which I haven't done for ages.

If you haven't got a pressure cooker I strongly advise you to buy one! They are a bit pricey but wonderful for short cut cooking potatoes and other veg that take a while otherwise.

Yes the chicken recipe takes about half an hour or less to prepare! Very very easy! I'll post it on the appropriate place now:)

Hi Screamland, I'll have a look at it, I should have given it a more thorough testing when it was installed. I'll get it working.

UPDATE: I got rid of the Driver Error, but there is another bug or two to work out. There is supposed to be a "comments" section where members can add comments about each recipe, but apparently there's some configuration problem which won't let me correct that.

Please don't post any recipes until we get this worked out, I wouldn't want someone to add recipes then lose them if we have to uninstall/reinstall it again.

Hi Screamland, I'll have a look at it, I should have given it a more thorough testing when it was installed. I'll get it working.

UPDATE: I got rid of the Driver Error, but there is another bug or two to work out. There is supposed to be a "comments" section where members can add comments about each recipe, but apparently there's some configuration problem which won't let me correct that.

Please don't post any recipes until we get this worked out, I wouldn't want someone to add recipes then lose them if we have to uninstall/reinstall it again.

No Problem Ben - I have loads of cracking recipes to share too - heres a sample - chicken/rice/pepper/garlic stirfry - crumpets - Pasties - bread - deep pan pizzas - and of course curries

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard any news on it for a while Alice but if you'd like to post it here start a new topic so it's easy to find. When Ben does sort out the recipe section then it can be transfered.

Unfortunately I'm not getting very good support on the recipes plug-in, but I don't want to un-install it. They are communicating to me and I'm going back and forth with them regarding the problem. I don't want to start using it until I know that a re-install isn't required, since in that case, everything would be erased!

It is possible to post recipes now, I'll check with them to see if we can work this problem out without re-installing it (and deleting everything).

• 1 month later...