Recent Turkish Wedding To A Turkish National

Rate this topic

Buncase

CONGRATULATIONS :bye1[1]::boxer[1]: Cas/b That's great news, so glad you had a wonderful day. Hope your married life continues in the same way.

Also thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us, it's good to get up to date info as well as hearing your news.

Are you going to live in T or have you returned to bonnie Scotland? Keep us posted please. :clap2[1]:

Many thanks.

Bonny Scotland??? Grim and rainy South Yorkshire actually ... LOLI'm staying here, going out to Turkey (Apr-Oct) to join Beni for 6mths and keeping my fingers crossed I can get a job in Icmeler or Marmaris. We are returning to our respective homes with him visiting me at the end of the year and a view to him getting a job here and then going through the lengthy and expensive process of him moving here.

But, the end of the year is another chapter in the book of life.

We are concentrating on the coming months so far. We keep in touch daily with texts, phone calls, e-mails and since yesterday webcam .... modern technology is weird yet wonderful when it works as he has to rely on an internet cafe.

BWCAB

Oh well, life should be fun! Keep us posted.

Sorry, in your first post you mentioned something being different in Scotland so I wrongly assumed that's where you came from. :bye1[1]:

Congratulations CAS!!! :clap2[1]: :clap2[1]: :clap2[1]: Sounds like a great time to always remember!

And I also want to say THANK YOU! for that contribution about the marriage process and costs. It's bound to help someone else, and it's great to have a members thoughtful enough to post this kind of valuable info!

That's what we're all about, we sure could use more members like you! BRAVO!!! :DB):clapping[1]:

• 3 weeks later...

I am thrilled to read this post Cas , so sorry for not responding sooner but lost internet connection. See its not that diffucult when you know how lol !!!! Many happy years together and of course CONGRATULATIONS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Chala!

As we maried 29th Dec it was too close to xmas to expect any of my family and friends to fly to Adana for our wedding but we had an amazing day. Married in the Reg Office (the ugly one not the one with lots of big round tables in the windows and then 5 of us went to Hasnusta kebap house (famous in the area and used by wedding parties for ad-hoc receptions) followed by us all larking around on a bridge over the river until sunset. Everyone that has seen our thrown together wedding album has loved it ....

You dont need to spend a fortune on fancy cars, professional photographer, designer dresses etc .... I speak from happy experience.

Five weeks, 1hr and 5 mins to seeing hubby in the flesh ...... the first time since I left him on 5th January tho to be fair we do see/speak for 2 hrs 7 nights a week and then there's the texts, phone calls, e-mails etc.

Good luckCAB

hold ya horses people it was an idea and if u read the threads on the forum of how traditional my fella can be and rather well thats how my family have been doing it for ages ....blah blah blah then u will have to wait and see if i manage to open up hşs mind and wallet...thats a joke....erm...seems im running out o time will update my residency visa and he says maybe may now as he cant get time off wk...welcome to thr real world chala...doh.

If you do persuade your fella Chala you should be able to get married on a boat. I got married on our gulet (boat) back in 1994. Mind you, if you are expecting a big crowd I don't think it would be practical.

Thanks for that topic and congrats on your wedding.... I am about to enter in to the marathon of getting married.

We are a long time couple and very lazy but have decided to make it formal in case one of us dies.... how romantic.... but we have kids to consider and stuff.. so hey ho...

We had some friends recently get married at their pansyion so i think you can do it anywhere.. just maybe costs a little more.

Good luck to anyone else on this journey..... I am sure we can be a great help to one another in times of happiness or otherwise.

Happy days to you all..xx

Hi chalathe medical check should be just a boob scan and three test tubes of blood, they will NOT charge you for this. Its just a new formality before entering into marraige. Once you have done the tests (which should take about half and hour) you fill out some paperwork and you should get your result in a maximum of two days.

Its very easy and nothing to fret about. My partner has a baaaad phobia of needles so that was an interesting experience : )You can get the blood tests done etc at you r local hospital.. Once we got my cert of non imped it took about two weeks until we were getting married at the reg office!

Good luck and enjoy Izmir : )Carly

hiizmir was ok...hot day and crazy drivers and rude man at consulate...long story but got all sorted easily.wats the boob test about? not heard of that one....as for scared of injections my partner is the same...arent all turks!?thats the reason his dad hasnt gone to hossy or docs in decades....anywaywe are about to go to her to see about dates and hossy asap...getting time off wk for my partner is hard though as he works in a bank. i hate needles but for fears of cleanliness thats all. wish i could have my cancer check ups at same time.....im well into remission but i wonder how can i get my bloods tested...eg. blood count...here at same time.thats another thread else where i guess.will post more if my experince differs ok.thanks

ok had health checks doneone blood withdrawal put into 3 test tubes which we took ourselves to lab and picked up same day at 3 along with a blood type card. they asked me what i was and i wasnt sure so they had to confirm this too 1st. they were suprised i didnt know....well i wasnt sure.i didnt have to have boob check or anything else.. they said it was news to them...hadnt heard of it before.we had to get papers stamped after but all easy to do....that was after they eventually spelt my full name correctly...long story.about to fix date as the paperwk is with the registry lady and thats that. it was easier to go to the smallest hossy not the bigger one in city...this was clear.but we couldnt do it at our local hossy...i guess too small thats why.we have to pay 50 for wedding bk n some paperwk but we saved money on passport translation as i already had a photocopy of the notorised copy from my wk visa months b4..as for ammount to pay her on the day she said its up to us......prob go for 25th a saturday....on a lake as the original idea went....we will see.....

• 2 weeks later...

HI,I JUST RE READ UR POST AND U STATED THAT U TOOK A DECREE ABSOULOUT TO WED UR HUSBAND, MAY I ASK WAS U MARRIED BEFORE, IF SO DID U NOT NEED TO GET A CERTIFICTAE OF NON IMPEDENT?reASON I ASK BECOZ I BELIEVE THAT AFTER A MARRIAGE U HAVE TO WAIT THE 300 DAYS, SO IF THAT WAS THE CASE AND U WAITED DID U NOT HAVE TO GET THE NON IMPEDEMENT CERTIFICATE???i ASK BECOZ I AM DURE TO MARRY MY FIANCE END OF THIS YEAR I WAS DIVORCED RECENTLY AND HAVE DISCOVERD THAT IF I GO TO THE DOCTORS AND GET A TEST DONE TO PROVE IM NOT PRENANT AND TAKE THIS TO THE FAMILY COURTS THEN THIS RULE COULD BE SQUAHED WHICH WE PLAN TO DO? IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW MUCH DOES THAT SERVICE COST?

MANY THANKSTARA XXX

Hi TaraI take it that you have been divorced less than 300 hundred days............

Your right if you have been married before, no matter how long you have been divorced you need to get Certificate of non impediment, it has to be in Turkish....... I had been divorced about 5/6 yrs and on the Degree Absolute the date it was granted is clearly written, but still you have to have Translated this is where the Cert of non imped comes in.....

I've also heard that if you take a blood test it can sometimes be used instead of the cert......... not sure how true and to what extent this is accepted, and where............ in my experience of living and marrying in Turkey never take anything as gospel........everything depends on where you are and who you see.......... they seem to have different rules and regulations for every Town.....

HI,I JUST RE READ UR POST AND U STATED THAT U TOOK A DECREE ABSOULOUT TO WED UR HUSBAND, MAY I ASK WAS U MARRIED BEFORE, IF SO DID U NOT NEED TO GET A CERTIFICTAE OF NON IMPEDENT?reASON I ASK BECOZ I BELIEVE THAT AFTER A MARRIAGE U HAVE TO WAIT THE 300 DAYS, SO IF THAT WAS THE CASE AND U WAITED DID U NOT HAVE TO GET THE NON IMPEDEMENT CERTIFICATE???i ASK BECOZ I AM DURE TO MARRY MY FIANCE END OF THIS YEAR I WAS DIVORCED RECENTLY AND HAVE DISCOVERD THAT IF I GO TO THE DOCTORS AND GET A TEST DONE TO PROVE IM NOT PRENANT AND TAKE THIS TO THE FAMILY COURTS THEN THIS RULE COULD BE SQUAHED WHICH WE PLAN TO DO? IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW MUCH DOES THAT SERVICE COST?

MANY THANKSTARA XXX

I'm here once again although having already responded this question of Tara for twice before. :drunk[1]: You have to file a case to the family court in the region where you live in Turkey for legally determining whether to be pregnant or not from your ex husband before making an application of marriage to the entitled offices. The court will call the medical support of a hospital as having the report regarding your situation whether to have an embryo or not from your ex husband. You'll eventually be given the permission of marrying with another man without waiting for that 300 days long if the report result comes negative.

All services cost around 50 Turkish Liras(excluding attorney's fee). Good luck, for the third time :drunk[1]: