Star

Certifying documents inside turkey

Rate this topic

Hello,

I am not sure where can I ask my question. I want to go to new-zealand. one of the documents they require is :

If you are living outside of New Zealand, we can accept the following forms of certification of your identity documents:
  • by a Notary Public
  • by Commissioner of Oaths
  • by a New Zealand Embassy/High Commission or Consulate staff (we will also accept the equivalent from Australian and United Kingdom's in exceptional cases)
  • Apostilles

Does anybody know is a notary public same as noter in turkey? Do they certify my passport? (I have a legal resident permit, but not Turkish citizen)

Or how about apostilles and where can I find that?

Yes a notary public is what a noter is called in English. You will get your passport translated then get the noter to certify it.

Thanks. I need it for actually another country as I stated. Why should I translate it? The notary does not certify it without translation? Also, where should I translate do you have any idea? Does noter know this exactly?  Since they are in persian and english both

It is strange actually, the passport itself is certified why should we do it again? Translate to Turkish and then certify it seems strange since I do not want to use it inside Turkey. My passport is issued by another country

If your passport is in Persian and English there should be no need to have it translated. I was assuming that it was in only one language and not English. I do not understand why you have to have it certified then.

This is what also I was concerned about. The first page is in two languages. Half, Persian and the another half English. Sth like translation. It is strange that the university needs it. Actually, in this case certifying in noter is really meaningless, No?

Are you having to send a copy of an identity document? If that is the case then I see the reason to certify it. When do you think you are going to go to New Zealand? You do realise that nearly everywhere in the world has closed their country to visitors for the next few months?

I know all of these issues. I am applying to the university in New-Zealand and they want me:

In order for us to verify your legal name, date of birth and citizenship status, please send in certified hard copies of your identification documents such as a certified hard copy of your birth certificate or relevant pages of your passport.

OK now I understand the need. I think the best thing would be for you to go to the New Zealand Consulate in Istanbul with copies of the relevant pages of your Passport and ask them to certify them.

• ADDRESS
  • New Zealand Honorary Consulate General in Istanbul, Turkey
    Inonu Caddesi No 48/3
    Taksim
    34437 Istanbul
    Turkey
  • TELEPHONE
  • (+90) 212 244 0272
  • FAX
  • (+90) 212 251 4004