Duty Free

Rate this topic

I have a few Turkish friends wanting dutiable items such as whiskey and ciggies - how many litres of spirits can I take into Turkey from the UK and ditto with ciggies?

..5 litres each..thats what we took for our bar in the villa.cigarettes not to sure ,(non smokers)but i think unlimited..we did check with the booze before we bought it..i have seen people at gatwick filling as small suitcase of ciggys..many times .. :D obviously only going one way..

Remember that you can buy duty free here(Turkey) on your way in so you don't have to drag it with you on the plane.

Hi BenNot sure how much spirits you can take in, we only took a couple of bottles of vodka in with us, but the cigs we had about 1600..... one thing with buying the cigs though, they are more expensive in the Airport than on the plane, twice we have resisted buying from Manchester Airport and bought on the plane going out...and they will let you buy as many as you like really, they had 1000 cartons as well as cartons of 200 & 400's..... we compared prices when we travelled in Sept 08 and 200 Marlborough in the Airport were about 29 euro but on the plane they were 19 euro.... and if you get on the plane and they don't have any duty free (this happened once on our way BACK from Turkey) then you can always buy at the other end like sunny say's, and the prices are the same as at our Airports so you shouldn't loose out... you can always buy from the market shops once your in Turkey as the cigs are very cheep there also.....

Debbie, yes, I probably won't buy ciggies but just spirits this time. I will be already taking 3 large suitcases and laptop etc etc so don't know how much more I'll be physically able to carry:) As you say, ciggies are anyway cheaper in TR. And another thing..it depends on which airport you use. In my opinion Heathrow is one of the best for duty free shopping and Terminal 3 has a vast choice of cosmetic goodies etc.