Ali11122

Overstay on Tourist Visa

Rate this topic

Dear All,

Can you please confirm me if anyone overstay on tourist visa, one of my friend want to stay more for 7 days after his number of days allotted. he was allowed to stay up to 7 days and but he want to stay 7 days more, could you please confirm if there are any penalty and how much is the penalty per day? 

thanks,

Ali

I'm assuming that your friend's visa allows seven days, and they want to stay for 14. I don't encourage anyone to overstay, but to answer your question, there is a fine which must be paid on departure at the airport or at the border. The fine varies by nationality according to whatever agreements Turkey has with the country involved. It will be between five and 25 USD per day. After a ten-day overstay, a ban may be imposed. Your friend should go to the airport maybe an hour earlier than normal to allow time to pay the fine so they don't miss their flight.

In 2017 had to overstay on a tourist visa by two weeks for medical reasons.

I had had influenza followed by secondary bacterial pneumonia with pleurisy. I spent five days in hospital in Istanbul, the hospital consultant said that I was not medically fit to fly for at least two weeks past the end of my visa. He gave me a covering letter explaining that.

I showed the letter as I was leaving and did not have to pay any fines.