Dona Timani

Question about new passport / kimlik still on old passport number

Rate this topic

Hi, 

I have a quick question. My residence expires in April but i just renewed my passport. Am I supposed to notify immigration authorities or update my info on e-devlet, or do I wait until I apply to renew residence and then show both old and new passport?

I recently had a conversation with one of the immigration officials about this. Here's what they told me:

If you get a new passport, and thereby a new passport number, you must report the change to the Göç İdaresi (Directorate General of Migration Management, or DGMM), within 20 working days. The DGMM will update the e-Devlet system with your new passport number. So the only reporting you have to do is at the DGMM.

When you apply online for your residence permit extension, enter the number and issue date of your old passport, and the expiration date of your new passport. When you go to your appointment for your extension, take both your old passport and your new passport with you.