Fada

Change of Address

Rate this topic

Hi 

I have valid RP based on my current address, next week we are going to move to a new address is about 1 km from our current address.

Should I inform the DGMM about that or just to change the address in Nüfus?

Best regards

Fada

For address changes, you're now only required to inform the DGMM. The DGMM will then update your address in the central address registration system (which used to require an additional trip to the Nüfus). According to what an immigration official told me, you just need to take your new rental agreement or tapu (title deed) and one or more utility bills to the local DGMM office. You don't need to get anything notarized.

Good luck with your move! :)

You have to go there personally. You don't need an appointment, just check in at the desk and wait to be called. The actual address update just takes a few minutes. You are supposed to do this within 10 business days of the move or they may assess a fine.

If it's been more than 10 business days, they'll probably accept an explanation for why the date on your rental agreement (if you have one) is more than 10 business days ago. This has happened to me in the past, but it was because I didn't finally move in to my new place until more than 10 business days after I signed the rental contract. In my case, they were okay with that and there was no fine.