Jump to content

Child's Residence Permit Question

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Today I got my all family residence permit as my husband not here so I have power of attorney to take his residence card. My two children have father name as a surname so it's OK but elder child have not father name as surname, now the post office say that on child passport is only father name written not mother name so father come to receive the card otherwise you bring power of attorney that father allow mother to receive the resident card.

Now child's father is out of country how can I get his power of attorney or any  other solution of this problem please let me know. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The father can get a power of attorney in the country where he is. But he would also have to get an apostille, then send you the power of attorney and apostille. Then in Turkey, you would have to get both the power of attorney and the apostille translated into Turkish by a sworn Turkish translator. Once that is done, the power of attorney from the country where your husband is will be a legal power of attorney in Turkey.

This article explains how to get an apostille, then how to have a document (in this case the power of attorney) and its apostille translated by a sworn translator.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...