Rate this topic

Sellam

Hello everyone 

Today I got my all family residence permit as my husband not here so I have power of attorney to take his residence card. My two children have father name as a surname so it's ok but elder child have not father name as surname, now the postoffice say that on child passport is only father name written not mother name so father come to receive the card otherwise you bring power of attorney that father allow mother to receive the resident card.

Now child's father is out of country how can I get his power of attorney or any  other solution of this problem please let me know. 

Thanks for your valuable advices 

Noor Ahmed 

The father can get a power of attorney in the country where he is. But he would also have to get an apostille, then send you the power of attorney and apostille. Then in Turkey, you would have to get both the power of attorney and the apostille translated into Turkish by a sworn Turkish translator. Once that is done, the power of attorney from the country where your husband is will be a legal power of attorney in Turkey.

This article explains how to get an apostille, then how to have a document (in this case the power of attorney) and its apostille translated by a sworn translator.