Sign in to follow this  
IslanderX

Photos of Alanya

Rate this topic

They are really great aren't they? You'd think Islander was a professional photographer wouldn't you?

Yes! Fabulous photos above and funnily enough I went to that Maldan Restaurant up by the castle myself last week. Super views all along the coastline from there and they have karaoke evenings too. However - my very favourite place in Alanya is Dim Cay River where you sit in pontoons and the waiters come out and serve you fresh local trout and salad.

Incredible setting. Perhaps Islander can take photos there next time? I have a few but am rubbish at posting photos on here. One thing I would mention about Alanya though is that it is a good 2 hours drive from the airport and is very very difficult to use local dolmuş service to get from one place to another. It ıs a vast and sprawlıng area and very hilly. My friends who live there even have trouble! They often end up down by the beach when in fact they wanted to go home, up to the mountain area. Not an easy system there and the taxis are expensive and the castle hill is far too steep to walk up (I tried twice and failed)!